Recent Purchases

Claus

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Claus »

It is vinyl actually ;-). looks fine - just very dusty and has no inner sleeve. Must get a few of them. If anyone has a pile and they want to sell a few, let me know.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Claus wrote:It is vinyl actually ;-). looks fine - just very dusty and has no inner sleeve. Must get a few of them. If anyone has a pile and they want to sell a few, let me know.

Even better!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Thinking about getting this:

JPC and MDT both have it for €300. This has the Harnoncourt/Leonhardt cantata cycle: I got rid of half of what I had when I sold my LPs (so beautifully presented, scores and all, and Teldec were the best LPs with very quiet surfaces). I listened to some of the cantata CDs I've had for a long time recently and Harnoncourt/Leonhardt held up very well (as did Herreweghe), but Koopman not so much.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ciaran wrote: JPC and MDT both have it for €300. This has the Harnoncourt/Leonhardt cantata cycle: I got rid of half of what I had when I sold my LPs (so beautifully presented, scores and all, and Teldec were the best LPs with very quiet surfaces). I listened to some of the cantata CDs I've had for a long time recently and Harnoncourt/Leonhardt held up very well (as did Herreweghe), but Koopman not so much.
I did look at that set myself but I agree with you on the Koopman. I also feel that some of the mid and later Harnoncourt/Leonhardt cantatas fell off a bit in quality too so I decided that it was too much to spend on something that I was not entirely happy with.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Actually I suspect that if I got it I'd be getting it for the sake of having the complete works, but that I probably wouldn't actually listen to it very much. I find that the more CDs there are in a set, the less likely I am to listen to any of them! Much better to acquire missing works individually as I become interested in them, like this, which I'll be getting soon:

fergus

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

fergus

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote:Image

I have that set Darren and I really enjoyed it. All of the performances are strong ones.
fergus

Post by fergus »