Adventures in amplification

Diapason

Re: Adventures in amplification

Post by Diapason »

jaybee wrote:I take it the 550D has been abandoned in favor of that short window of hifi listening.....
Well, I've stopped reading reviews of lenses, so you're probably right. Can't afford new toys now. Well, not for me anyway!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

The airtight is an integrated though....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Fran wrote:The airtight is an integrated though....
It is? How did I not know that?!?!

I'm obviously losing the plot...
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:The airtight is an integrated though....

Fran

or a power amp with gain? (feel free to correct me!)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Don't all power amps have gain? Isn't that the point?

(Possibly not. I refer to my earlier loss of plot.)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

The ATM2 is specified as a power amp but has a two-channel attenuator as well as 2 line level inputs toowhich I guess wouldnt be common for power amps. I guess it really is an integrated more so than a power amp.
I've seen the Airtight ATC-1 come recommended as a partnering pre.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Does that mean you've to get up off your posterior to change volume? No wonder you're hearing treble harshness: it's the blood pounding in your ears after all that exercise.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Both the Wadia and Opus21 have volume control. For feck sake you really are finding it hard to keep up today.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:Does that mean you've to get up off your posterior to change volume? No wonder you're hearing treble harshness: it's the blood pounding in your ears after all that exercise.
It's where I get most of my exercise. These are separate left and right attenuators as well so every adjustment requires at least two more leaps across the room to get the balance right. A small price to pay.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

DaveF wrote:Both the Wadia and Opus21 have volume control. For feck sake you really are finding it hard to keep up today.
Jerciful Maysus!

I knew they had volume controls, and I thought that's what you were using, but then I got confused by talk of integrateds and attenuators. Basically, I should never go drinking on a Monday night again. I'm still not recovered 2 days later.