Recent Purchases

fergus

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote: I bought it to celebrate the news that I have been offered a place on my Sociology Masters course :-D
Excellent news Darren....I am delighted for you. Well done! Definitely somethig that is worth celebrating!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

bombasticDarren wrote:Image
That looks interesting. I have heard recordings of Abbado conducting the Orchestra Mozart, they are very impressive.
I bought it to celebrate the news that I have been offered a place on my Sociology Masters course :-D
Congratulations and well done Darren, I am delighted for you, best wishes with it. I feel old now: my eldest is in first year in universtiy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

That looks interesting. I have heard recordings of Abbado conducting the Orchestra Mozart, they are very impressive.
I bought it to celebrate the news that I have been offered a place on my Sociology Masters course :-D
Congratulations and well done Darren, I am delighted for you, best wishes with it. I feel old now: my eldest is in first year in university.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:Image
Oh, I didn't think that you would buy Barshai's set, enjoy. I still have not bought the Kondrashin set yet.
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

bombasticDarren wrote:
fergus wrote:
I have considered that one Darren so I will be interested in your view of it in time.
Wonderful news Darren!!! When will you start your degree? I have never listened to that recording but you can never go wrong
with my favorite label Harmonia Mundi. I could not think of a better way to celebrate ;).

Matt.
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

^^ Thanks everyone :-)

Matt: I will start the masters next year at the University of Essex. I still have to finish my BSc degree in Psychology and Sociology. I have been doing it part-time for the past 5 years...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
fergus wrote:Image
Oh, I didn't think that you would buy Barshai's set, enjoy. I still have not bought the Kondrashin set yet.
I honestly do not think, even though I have not heard it, that it will surpass the Kondrashin set Seán (it would be difficult for any cycle to do that, to my mind) but I wanted a second set of these wonderful works and this set always seems to have got good reviews from punters so it seem like the logical one to go for.
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

bombasticDarren wrote:^^ Thanks everyone :-)

Matt: I will start the masters next year at the University of Essex. I still have to finish my BSc degree in Psychology and Sociology. I have been doing it part-time for the past 5 years...
Very nice! I finished my Ph.D last year and I miss being a student. The good thing is that the gain of knowledge can continue outside university. You are studying a fascinating subject and wish you all the best in your studies. Let us know of your progress as you move along.

Matt.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Bought in the local Oxfam for the princely sum of €0.50!
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »