Triangle Zays(sold) and Epos ES-14 speakers(sold)

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Modest

Triangle Zays(sold) and Epos ES-14 speakers(sold)

Post by Modest »

For sale my Triangle Zays speakers bought from our forum member Ken Moreland years ago.
It's second model from the top (Triangle Atlantis) and cost around 1500£ brand new on it's day
I do not know how to describe the sound of the Zays, but amazing staging,fast, crisp detail and the non rubber midrange make it sing very live and sweet with feet tapping .
Love tube and hybrid amps
It's in good condition just sides have few scruffs due it's age but nothing major that could efect good sound (no original packing)
Asking 450e (open for reasonable offers )

Also have Epos ES-14 speakers complete with their dedicated stands, single wire in good condition with few marks on the cabinets ,most of the time their lack of use in my system .It was bought for different second system project in the future
(I have original speaker packing but not for stands)
Asking 270e with stands
More info on:
http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/566
http://www.audioenz.co.nz/2004/archive_epos-es14.shtml
http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/archive/es14/

More stuff to come :(
Last edited by Modest on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
Ken Moreland

Re: Triangle Zays and Epos ES-14 speakers

Post by Ken Moreland »

The Triangle Zays are wonderful speakers bought new from Kronos in Dungannon and achieving superb performance in Modest's set-up. Great value, good starter components but able to hold their heads up in the best of company.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

definately interested, can you email me a pic of them viewing the sides, just two questions, is the veneer real or a plastic finish also do yo have original boxes. im close enough in galway.
Modest

Post by Modest »

Hi willsandbills, it's look real veneer to me and I don't have original boxes :(
You are more than welcome to come in Mullingar and heard them in action on my gear or you could bring your stuff ,no problem with that
those little dots was I think the scuff marks and have one liitle dent on the top corner at the back
Hope this helps
Last edited by Modest on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
aa1

Post by aa1 »

Hi there, are triangles still for sale?
Modest

Re: Triangle Zays(sold) and Epos ES-14 speakers

Post by Modest »

Triangle Zays sold
Epos ES-14 for still for sale
fergus

Post by fergus »

Well done Modest....you are surely working your way through each lot!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Modest

Post by Modest »

Thanks Fergus
Triangle speakers was a pure steal for the price:(
Modest

Re: Triangle Zays(sold) and Epos ES-14 speakers(sold)

Post by Modest »

Epos ES-14 are SOLD
Thanks to all for your interest
fergus

Re: Triangle Zays(sold) and Epos ES-14 speakers(sold)

Post by fergus »

Well done on the sales Modest. I know that it is regrettable but at least they have now been sold.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra