Naim XPS service in Ireland?

Marcus

Naim XPS service in Ireland?

Post by Marcus »

Hi,
I am looking for someone who can service my Naim XPS PSU. There isn't anything wrong with it, but it is well over 10 years old and I would like to renew the caps and have it bias checked etc. I know that there are a good number of service alternatives in UK to Naim, such as Witch Hat and Avondale, but before I send to UK just thought I'd ask if anyone in Ireland provides a similar service that can do more than just swap the components.
Many thanks
Marcus
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"
Sloop John B

Re: Naim XPS service in Ireland?

Post by Sloop John B »

I'm no help I'm afraid but you don't often see Naim mentioned here so I thought I'd drop by anyway.

It would be great if there was someone in Ireland doing this as the weight of the beasts makes postage very costly.

An interesting report http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/technica ... -tour.htmlon an XPS recap in America. Costly at $450 though!

Let us all know what you do and how it works out.

SJB
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I don't know anyone here doing Naim servicing - that's not to say there isn't someone!

There's a fella called Les (I think) at avondale audio (I think) thats highly rated, and likely much cheaper than going to Naim directly. If I recall rightly, the caps used are Kendeils are are a bit hard to get - but they are gettable.

As for postage, try some of the couriers, I've used parcel2go a few times and they aren't too expensive. I think 25kgs was about €30 or so.

You've also got to factor in how much its worth after servicing by non-Naim hands.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
patrick

Post by patrick »

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks all for your comments,
I'm sending this over to Witch Hat, so I'll let you know how I get on.
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"