What are you listening to?

Seán

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Seán »

Jose Echenique wrote:Hello people. My name is José Echenique but my friends call me Pepe. I live in Mexico City and I have been invited to this Forum by my friend Fergus. I love all Classical Music and most especially Opera.
I hope to make many new friends here, though I can see that I already know many, many friends from other forums.

It´s nice to be in Ireland!
Hello Pepe, I am delighted that you have joined our little group, I thought Fergus might have had something to do with it. You are very welcome.
Seán
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jose Echenique wrote: Hello people. My name is José Echenique but my friends call me Pepe. I live in Mexico City and I have been invited to this Forum by my friend Fergus. I love all Classical Music and most especially Opera.
I hope to make many new friends here, though I can see that I already know many, many friends from other forums.

It´s nice to be in Ireland!
You are very welcome to our Forum Pepe. We are delighted to have you here. I know that you already see some friends here and I also know that you will make a few more new friends quickly. Please post as often as you can and I hope that you will be happy here.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ciaran wrote:Image

Our "local" Rosary Sonatas with Camerata Kilkenny. I listened to Sonata V, The Finding of Jesus in the Temple.
I must search that one out Ciaran. I have seen Maya Homburger perform on many occasions and I have great respect for her talent.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Mozart - Clarinet Concerto (Sabine Meyer/Hans Vonk, Staatskapelle Dresden, EMI)

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Welcome Pepe. Solid first post!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Gustav Mahler
Symphony No. 5

Weiner Philharmoniker
Leonard Bernstein - conducting.

This performance doesn't really do it for me to be honest.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Shostakovich - 24 Preludes and Fugues No.1-6 (Vladimir Ashkenazy, Decca)

Jared

Post by Jared »

Jose Echenique wrote:Hello people. My name is José Echenique but my friends call me Pepe.
Hi Pepe; it's great that you've come to visit us over here... you'll never meet a friendlier bunch on any forum, and I hope you have a great time. In return, you're incredible in-depth knowledge in all things Classical and erudite manner, will continue to help enlighten some of us whose knowledge is no so incredibly in-depth... ;-)

a warm welcome...
Jared

Post by Jared »

Ciaran wrote:Our "local" Rosary Sonatas with Camerata Kilkenny. I listened to Sonata V, The Finding of Jesus in the Temple.
Ciaran, that's an intriguing looking disk... how do you find the performances of those delightful works?
Jared

Post by Jared »

Diapason wrote:Welcome Pepe. Solid first post!
Simon, and every post thereafter... ;-)