Recent Purchases

Seán

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:^^ I'm not sure I entirely agree with you Darren... I have visited three other CM forums beside this one over the past 4 years, and found tribalism to have been every bit as intense as the Prog Rock forum I used to visit until 2008.
It depends on the personality of the moderators, ours are big fluffy and very friendly pussycats who love music and treat everyone here with respect.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Seán wrote:
Jared wrote:^^ I'm not sure I entirely agree with you Darren... I have visited three other CM forums beside this one over the past 4 years, and found tribalism to have been every bit as intense as the Prog Rock forum I used to visit until 2008.
It depends on the personality of the moderators, ours are big fluffy and very friendly pussycats who love music and treat everyone here with respect.
You'd want to hear what we say about you at our monthly puppy sacrifice ceremony...

I don't have much experience of other classical forums, but back in the usenet days it was just a flame-fest. It was enough to put me off, to be honest.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Jared

Post by Jared »

Diapason wrote:I don't have much experience of other classical forums, but back in the usenet days it was just a flame-fest. It was enough to put me off, to be honest.
Simon trust me...

it would be very difficult indeed to come across a nicer set of chaps than you Dubliners; you've made Darren, Matt and me feel very much at home, and we are all truly grateful...

anyway, thread duty:

my new & sealed copy of the above arrived this morning, and I am most intrigued.

With madrigals by Weelkes, Morley, Vautor, Gibbons, Wilbye, Bennet. Ramsey, Farnaby, Tomkins & Byrd, Peter Phillips says:

'The madrigals presented here were deliberately chosen to show off the scope of the best English madrigal writing around the year 1600'.

I am looking forward to hearing them, very much.
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

fergus wrote:Image
That´s a beautiful recording Fergus, I am SUCH a fan of Biber!
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Jose Echenique wrote:
It's a pleasure to see you on this site Pepe. I am sure you will soak up the relaxed but committed atmosphere and contribute accordingly :-D
fergus

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

That looks like a worthwhile set Fergus. I have the PCs contained therein and like them very much ;-)
fergus

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote:
That looks like a worthwhile set Fergus. I have the PCs contained therein and like them very much ;-)
I wanted some to explore this composer a little further Darren and this set fit the bill nicely for the moment. I will use it as a sampler.
Jared

Post by Jared »

Jose Echenique wrote:
it is Pepe... whilst I am similarly a big fan of Biber, Fergus and I are also fans of Paul McCreesh. We enjoy some of his hypothetical, recreated programmes of music that he imagines, of which that recording is a good example. New, sealed copies are presently very cheap on Amazon, and as a consequence, a number of forum members purchased the disk, so hopefully you'll shortly see other comments on the work.... :-)