Recommended Beverages.

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Ivor

Re: Recommended Beverages.

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:You don't make house calls? Slacker...

I'll aim for tomorrow lunchtime or Saturday so.

Sound, I'm well stocked up!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

In case any of you are passing the shop today or tomorrow..... dont!

Open for FREE tasting are an organic Gewurztraminer from Ginglinger (try saying that after a few!) and the ever popular Dolcetto d'alba from Trestelle.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DancingPriest

Post by DancingPriest »

Gewürztraminer.....

Oh Jesus! The most mental dinner party ever..

The last time, oh the last time...

Quail poached in a wasabi and brandy infusion as a starter, served at about 2.00am with a bottle of Gewurztraminer. The main went out at about 3.00am, sous-vide venison and a few spuds with a few bottles of mad Australian stuff.

Desert was a breakfast roll courtesy of whoever was brave enough to drive into town....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

DancingPriest wrote:sous-vide venison
Do you do much sous-vide at home? You must be seriously into cooking...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
mcq

Post by mcq »

Last night, I had the privilege of drinking a bottle of Chateau Hosanna 1999. This is an absolutely outstanding example of Pomerol and is drinking superbly right now. It's also a perfect example of a genius winemaker at work. Hosanna was formerly known as Certan-Giraud and was a relative underperformer, given the location of their vineyards in Pomerol. It was purchased by Christian Mouiex (responsible for the legendary Petrus) in 1998, who transformed the quality of the wine over the course of a single year into something that was recognisibly world-class. From nose to palate to finish, it is a wine to linger over and savour and is profoundly satisfying. Even if I had the cash to buy a single bottle of Petrus, I would much rather purchase a case of Chateau Hosanna. Sit down with your favourite music or film and a bottle of this masterpiece and prepare to be profoundly moved.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I'm discovering the joys of a good Burgundy red these days (well nights) and last night had a 2004 from Thierry Richoux from Irancy. http://www.irancy.org/vigneron.php?id_vigneron=10. http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=574447I found it very smooth with a nice earthyness to it.
A 2005 vintage cotes de nuits villages has just come in and is getting a great reaction from customers. Further research must be done!

Ivor

Organic Wine draw.

Post by Ivor »

Since quite a few of the members here are regular customers of my humble establishment I thought I give you a “heads up” on a current Paddy’s Week “Going Green” Competition! While everything will be above board and 100% fair I’d obviously like a “regular” to win!

Quite simply… every customer in the shop this week will be entered into a draw for a box of six organic wines. That’s it. Drop in, sign up, be part of the excitement!
organic box (634 x 845).jpg
organic box (634 x 845).jpg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
paddyshop.jpg
paddyshop.jpg (114.21 KiB) Viewed 1607 times

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

An old favourite, a very pleasant red from the Bekaa Valley Lebanon

You won't go wrong with this one, after all, with the euro crisis, economic crisis, unemployment crisis, credit crisis, fianancial crisis, and of course upgraditis crisis, here's to a hearty damnation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Good Times Roll...................
aa1

Post by aa1 »

This one should be included, there used to be 82% version too, unfortunately it was banned to sell in public becouse of high hazard to catch a fire, tough stuff:)
Attachments
tatratea-32-citrus.jpg
tatratea-32-citrus.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »