What are you listening to?

Jared

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote:Don't worry I won't start up on Mad Yawn, sorry I mean Vaughan...LOL!
not that you would do... but this forum wouldn't really encourage that type of attitude, which is why I'd prefer to be over here.

I'm not openly critical very often Sean, but in my view, the photographer is an over-indulged, opinionated twit.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
Seán wrote:Don't worry I won't start up on Mad Yawn, sorry I mean Vaughan...LOL!
not that you would do... but this forum wouldn't really encourage that type of attitude, which is why I'd prefer to be over here.

I'm not openly critical very often Sean, but in my view, the photographer is an over-indulged, opinionated twit.
Some don't like him, I do, he has given me a great steer on many a recording but I do take your point.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote: It's a PIANO thing perhaps?
No doubt....perhaps I should have it transcribed for Harpsichord!!! LOL!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

final trawl through... I must admit, it has become more pleasurable, the longer I have persevered.

bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Brahms - Symphony No.4 (James Loughran, Halle Orchestra, CfP)

bombasticDarren

Prokofiev - Symphony No.2 (Walter Weller, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Decca)

bombasticDarren

Jared wrote:

The behaviour is much more seemly and collaborative here...
bombasticDarren

Seán wrote:
Jared wrote:

Some don't like him, I do, he has given me a great steer on many a recording but I do take your point.
I can see both points of view here; the gent in question has admirable critical faculties which make him a valuable resource to forums like this. But outweighed by sometimes over-repetative arguments that lose any value they had due to their relentless and sometimes tedious regurgitation...
bombasticDarren

Mozart - Piano Concerto No.20 (Mitsuko Uchida/Jeffrey Tate, English Chamber Orchestra, Philips)

Jared

Post by Jared »

bombasticDarren wrote:The behaviour is much more seemly and collaborative here...
I have endless admiration for your skills in diplomacy... :-)