Recent Purchases

Diapason

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Diapason »

I've recently been spending my evenings cruising amazon looking for cheap and nasty thrills. Occasionally I'll pay a little bit extra for the virginal ones, but sometimes the really cheap and well-used ones are hard to resist.

Anyway, this mixed bag is now on the way:

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Jared

Post by Jared »

Diapason wrote:I've recently been spending my evenings cruising amazon looking for cheap and nasty thrills.
it really is a thoroughly rewarding past-time, isn't it?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

The Biber actually arrived to my office today. For one horrible moment, my colleagues thought it was a "Justin Bieber" album.
Jared wrote: it really is a thoroughly rewarding past-time, isn't it?
The "search by price" option is actually quite dangerous.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:I've recently been spending my evenings cruising amazon looking for cheap and nasty thrills. Occasionally I'll pay a little bit extra for the virginal ones, but sometimes the really cheap and well-used ones are hard to resist.

Anyway, this mixed bag is now on the way:

I love Dorati but I just don't get Copland.
Interesting.
Chailly is ALWAYS worth hearing and his work with the RCO is marvellous.
Looks interesting.
Pass, for now.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Seán wrote:I love Dorati but I just don't get Copland.
I'm not sure I get Copland either, but I've been singing El Salon Mexico as my earworm for the last few days, so I took it as a sign when I saw it for 44p + shipping.
Interesting.
One of Ciaran's (Monteverdi) desert-island discs I think, and experience with this team suggests I'll really enjoy it.
Chailly is ALWAYS worth hearing and his work with the RCO is marvellous.
Another earworm-based purchase.
Looks interesting.
I dithered about this one. A neighbour had this disc and I used to like it, but I'm not sure how much airplay it will get now. That said, I'm looking for music I can listen to quietly at night, and this fits the bill. Stravinsky has been vetoed at home for now...
Pass, for now.
Semi-drunken purchase, the forum made me do it!!
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote: One of Ciaran's (Monteverdi) desert-island discs I think, and experience with this team suggests I'll really enjoy it.
Oh that's good enough reason to buy it.
Stravinsky has been vetoed at home for now...
Veronica, HATES Stravinsky, it really irritates her, she and doesn't get instrumental Bach either she finds it tiring after a short spell, however she really likes his sacred music. She LOVES Mahler's Symphones particularly his Third and Mozart's Pianio Sonatas. Why am I telling you all this? Try it on the wife and your beautiful child too.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Seán wrote: Veronica, HATES Stravinsky, it really irritates her, she and doesn't get instrumental Bach either she finds it tiring after a short spell, however she really likes his sacred music. She LOVES Mahler's Symphones particularly his Third and Mozart's Pianio Sonatas. Why am I telling you all this? Try it on the wife and your beautiful child too.
Duly noted!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:
Seán wrote:
Interesting.
One of Ciaran's (Monteverdi) desert-island discs I think, and experience with this team suggests I'll really enjoy it.
You will indeed Simon!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote:Veronica, HATES Stravinsky, it really irritates her.
your wife sounds adorable... ;-)
Jared

Post by Jared »

that lot should blow the cobwebs away....