My devices on Tour

Fran
Site Admin

Re: My devices on Tour

Post by Fran »

Phew! At least I'm not banned!

Ah ya know I'm only messing!

John: re the disc.... I will go off and look for a selection of classical, jazz and rock/pop from my candidates but I suppose you'd want to be a little careful about copyright.

Putting the drivers and eac is a great idea I think....

Btw listening to 88 basie st. at the moment, sounds feckin great.
Do or do not, there is no try
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Would love to give it a go John but my hi-fi system has no pre-amp nor have I a laptop......
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Rocker wrote:Would love to give it a go John but my hi-fi system has no pre-amp nor have I a laptop......
Thanks Rocker,
Does your amplifier have a volume control or what do you use to control volume?
You can use a PC if you have one - doesn't have to be a laptop!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

John Kenny wrote:Rocker, Does your amplifier have a volume control or what do you use to control volume?
My 'amplifier' is actually a pair of monoblocks (no volume controls) and the system volume is controlled from my CD Player [Resolution Audio Opus 21]. Luckily the Opus 21 has a digital input (no idea of its specs) that allows me to input the digital output from a Squeezebox.

My PC is permanently setup in our study - it has all my music files that are played through the Squeezebox. Anyway it is not very portable! Not even luggable to be honest.

I heard, all too briefly, Frans system in his house and it sounded impressive but I did not know the music. For some time I have threatened to spend a few hours with Ken Moreland listening to his system. If Ken does not mind I might just do that in the next few weeks.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Rocker wrote:
John Kenny wrote:Rocker, Does your amplifier have a volume control or what do you use to control volume?
My 'amplifier' is actually a pair of monoblocks (no volume controls) and the system volume is controlled from my CD Player [Resolution Audio Opus 21]. Luckily the Opus 21 has a digital input (no idea of its specs) that allows me to input the digital output from a Squeezebox.

My PC is permanently setup in our study - it has all my music files that are played through the Squeezebox. Anyway it is not very portable! Not even luggable to be honest.

I heard, all too briefly, Frans system in his house and it sounded impressive but I did not know the music. For some time I have threatened to spend a few hours with Ken Moreland listening to his system. If Ken does not mind I might just do that in the next few weeks.
Ah, I see! No problem, Rocker.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Rocker wrote:

Tom, you're more than welcome just let me know when suits you.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Tom same applies re my place if it suits you
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mick

Post by mick »

pm sent
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Tony,
Has the DAC32 package been handed over to Mick?
Did you have a listening session with some forum lads? Any impressions from you/them?
Final impression after using it for a week or so?
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

Hi John, Mick has arranged to collect it this weekend. A few guys have called ostensibly to collect vinyl. They all had a listen some have heard it before. On the way out the door so will wait till either later or the weekend to post some more comments. View has changed a bit over the week as I spent more time with it. Rgds Tony
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.