Recommended Beverages.

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Ivor

Re: Recommended Beverages.

Post by Ivor »

DancingPriest wrote:Ivor, That Barbera is absolutely perfect.
That's what I love to hear. Glad you like it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I have always enjoyed the Meerlust range, the 2007 Chardonnay was very nice, here's a snap of the 2006 vintage. I think around the mid to high 20 E. Well worth it.

Let the Good Times Roll...................
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Speaking of Chardonnay, I'm currently choking down a 2009 Rapet Père et Fils Pernand-Vergelesses premier cru and it's only feckin gorgeous!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Diapason wrote:I'm currently choking down a 2009 Rapet Père et Fils Pernand-Vergelesses premier cru and it's only feckin gorgeous!
Get it down, get it down get it down....

And of course later on....

Get it up, get it up... get it up....!!!!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:Speaking of Chardonnay, I'm currently choking down a 2009 Rapet Père et Fils Pernand-Vergelesses premier cru and it's only feckin gorgeous!
Lucky bugger! You're probably opening that at the right time too. Where did you get that BTW? If you don't mend me asking.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Adrian wrote:
Get it down, get it down get it down....

And of course later on....

Get it up, get it up... get it up....!!!!!
LOL!!! One doesn't always imply the other. I'm in my mid 30s now you know.

Ivor wrote: Lucky bugger! You're probably opening that at the right time too. Where did you get that BTW? If you don't mend me asking.
Conor Richardson at Burgundy Direct. I buy the occasional case from him, lovely guy.

I STILL haven't had the chance to pop into your place, Ivor. Looking forward to that.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: I STILL haven't had the chance to pop into your place, Ivor. Looking forward to that.
Me too, you can teach me a thing or two! Have a look at the site for now www.thewinebuff.com but keep in mind I'd have a few bottles not listed there.

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I guarantee you have LOTS of wine that I want to drink!!
mcq

Post by mcq »

A supremely satisfying wine from an off-year in Bordeaux. But, as so often in wine, it's not the vintage, but rather the wine producer that is the important factor in choosing good wine. Leoville-Barton is one of the great names in Bordeaux (at somewhat approachable prices) - and perhaps the single best producer in St-Julien - and one of the most consistent overall from year to year. It's worth noting that their wines do benefit from extended bottle age. The 2002 Leoville-Barton is an extraordinarily thought-provoking experience, from nose to palate to finish. Some wines appeal on a cerebral level (Pauillac is a classic example), while others make a more emotional impression (like the big-hearted wines of Spain and Italy). This Leoville-Barton is definitely of the former variety, and one to linger over and take extended time with in the company of your favourite music. It exhibits a beautifully floral nose which contrasts with an initally savoury delivery on the palate of tar, ash and liquorice. In a few moments, however, the ripe dark fruit bounces back onto your palate. The finish is outstanding in its length and complexity. 'Tis a shame it's so pricey.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

I'm enjoying this Vacqueyras, would probably be nicer in a year or 2 but...............