Guess tthe LP

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: Guess tthe LP

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Well done Dave :) That was mighty quick! Are you going with the new vinyl reissue with the slightly alt. sleeve ?
hmm Im not really sure to be honest. I dont have either version on vinyl. I was a big fan of theirs back in the day. 'Adore' was the album I liked most which probably wouldnt be a first choice among fans.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Well done Dave :) That was mighty quick! Are you going with the new vinyl reissue with the slightly alt. sleeve ?
hmm Im not really sure to be honest. I dont have either version on vinyl. I was a big fan of theirs back in the day. 'Adore' was the album I liked most which probably wouldnt be a first choice among fans.
Adore was the one I missed as after Melancholy & the Infinite Sadness I loathed Corgan and his ineffectual bleetings :) Siamese is the classic and sounds fantastic...unlike Melancholy. I do remember Adore coming in a gorgeous thick American type sleeve. It was a double, wasn't it?
cybot

Post by cybot »

More clues....come on you know you can get them :)

Not who you think :) Soundtrack of film in which she also payed a leading role...plus she also contributed to the music etc etc

Female folky with reissued Ist album which bombed on it's initial release...now considered a quaint classic. One of her songs was used on a Samsung ad...

Male folky with acclaimed second album from early sixties. Massively influential acoustic guitarist...Wrote a song with a similar sentiment to Neil Young's Needle and the Damage Done.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Adore was the one I missed as after Melancholy & the Infinite Sadness I loathed Corgan and his ineffectual bleetings :) Siamese is the classic and sounds fantastic...unlike Melancholy. I do remember Adore coming in a gorgeous thick American type sleeve. It was a double, wasn't it?
Melancholy & the Infinite Sadness was one of the soundtracks of my college years Dermot and although there was a lot of filler on it, there were many great tracks on it. As for the Adore vinyl version......I havent a clue as I was a poor student back then :-))). That said, if I saw it today on vinyl at any price, I'd pick it up without hesitation.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DancingPriest

Post by DancingPriest »

DaveF wrote:That said, if I saw it today on vinyl at any price, I'd pick it up without hesitation.
At ANY price?

Here YA go...
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageNO 2..
tony

Post by tony »

Bjork Selmasongs
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:ImageNO 2..
Just seeing this now. Well done John :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:Bjork Selmasongs

Well done Tony. Spot on :) BTW it's one of her best and she sings a duet with Mr. Radiohead himself....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Last one....

Male folky with acclaimed second album from early sixties. Massively influential acoustic guitarist...Wrote a song with a similar sentiment to Neil Young's Needle and the Damage Done. He also died recently...[/quote]