What are you listening to?

Seán

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Seán »

One hopes that this picture does not offend Jared. For the day that is in it.

Johann Sebastian Bach
Goldberg Variations BWV 988
Italian Concerto BWV 971

Gustav Leonhardt - Harpischord.

These are played at a brisk tempo, it is very enjoyable music.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

J.S. Bach - Orchestral Suite No.2 (Karl Munchinger, Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra, Decca Eloquence)

fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:^^ Fergus, do you have the RV numbers to hand, for those Cello Sonatas?

RVs 40, 41, 43, 45, 46 & 47 Jared.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

This one simply goes straight to the top of the pile!
bombasticDarren

Beethoven - Piano Trio No.2 (Florestan Trio, Hyperion)

bombasticDarren

I don't want to start a post on this matter, but would just like to say that since I 'rejoined' this forum I have had nothing but a great experience. I feel like the community is very tight and supportive here, and everyone is happy to agree or disagree in as friendly a manner as possible. It feels like a bunch of friends chatting about a shared passion and it's a pleasure to be a small part of it!
Seán

Post by Seán »

bombasticDarren wrote:I don't want to start a post on this matter, but would just like to say that since I 'rejoined' this forum I have had nothing but a great experience. I feel like the community is very tight and supportive here, and everyone is happy to agree or disagree in as friendly a manner as possible. It feels like a bunch of friends chatting about a shared passion and it's a pleasure to be a small part of it!
and you are very welcome to drop in and out as you see fit, you're always welcome.

Anyway, there aren't enough of us here to start a row.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote:I don't want to start a post on this matter, but would just like to say that since I 'rejoined' this forum I have had nothing but a great experience. I feel like the community is very tight and supportive here, and everyone is happy to agree or disagree in as friendly a manner as possible. It feels like a bunch of friends chatting about a shared passion and it's a pleasure to be a small part of it!
That is a good summary of what it is Darren and you are most welcome here anytime!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Image

This one simply goes straight to the top of the pile!
hmm nice one Fergus. By far my favorite choral piece. The Herreweghe version has been top of the pile for me for a long time but I'll certainly be checking out the above.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Jared

Post by Jared »

that's a really lovely post, Darren... I feel that this place is like chatting informally in your own front room with a few friends, whereas the other place resembles being a very junior member in a cross between a gentleman's club and a reference library...