Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: Image
I got a bit of a shock there Dermot as I scrolled down past that one....I thought that it looked a bit like Lady GaGa LOL!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote: Image
I got a bit of a shock there Dermot as I scrolled down past that one....I thought that it looked a bit like Lady GaGa LOL!!
Who he? LOL :))))) Some choice reading below on the sleeve designer :)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia : Alex Rutherford

Alex Rutterford is a British director and graphic designer working mostly on music videos. He studied graphic design at the Croydon School of Art and graduated in 1991. He started his professional career by designing graphics on sets for films such as Judge Dredd. He was a member of the design team lost in space where he worked as CG artist and creative director. Nowadays he is repped by production companies RSA and Black Dog, the promo division of RSA.
His most well-known works include the videos for "Gantz Graf" by Autechre, "Verbal" by Amon Tobin and "Go to Sleep" by Radiohead. Lesser known is the unofficial video he created for the Autechre track "Eutow" as part of the Channel 4 music programme Lo-fi in 2001. His short film work includes Sound Engine, an early study made for onedotzero2 set to an Autechre song; 3space, again specially made for onedotzero and set to the overture of Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro; and Monocodes. All these films and videos consist of 3D computer generated imagery, and feature visuals that follow the rhythm of the music very closely. These works were produced during his time at lost in space in the case of the onedotzero works as lost in space films.
Rutterford also designed the cover for the Autechre albums Draft 7.30 and Untilted, as well as the booklet and menu for Chris Cunningham's Directors Label DVD. In addition to this he worked as graphics designer on two music videos directed by Cunningham, namely Björk's "All Is Full of Love (1999), and Squarepusher's "Come On My Selector" (1998) for which he created the video screens. He also did the camerawork, together with Rob Bliss, for Cunningham's Rubber Johnny.
His works have appeared in onedotzero film festivals, DVD releases, and the book onedotzero Motion Blur published by Laurence King, lovebytes, and several other digital film DVD compilations.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I think this might fall in here:

Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Three more from Autechre....all on double vinyl.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Last three vinyls from Ae; Whew! I'll leave the 12" for another time :)

cybot

Post by cybot »

A welcome relief! Not really Jazz or anything else so I stuck it here. I remember getting this beautiful Lp in Murray Records at the top of Grafton St. It had a long narrow entrance with plenty of elbow room for the old vinyl :) Wonder how George is now? Is he still around?

dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Wonder how George is now? Is he still around?
Across the road from Freebird on Wicklow Street is a basement shop called "Record Collector" you'll often find him behind the counter there!

That was a great shop at the back of Creation Arcade, it probably supplied the base for my punk/new wave albums after Advance closed.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JAW

Post by JAW »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote: Wonder how George is now? Is he still around?
Across the road from Freebird on Wicklow Street is a basement shop called "Record Collector" you'll often find him behind the counter there!

That was a great shop at the back of Creation Arcade, it probably supplied the base for my punk/new wave albums after Advance closed.
Wow! I thought that shop was long gone. He used to have quite a few Russian pressings.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote:
Wow! I thought that shop was long gone. He used to have quite a few Russian pressings.
I couldn't swear it's still there but it was until a month or two ago.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable