Get the most from your HiFi ...

dubber

Get the most from your HiFi ...

Post by dubber »

... not with cone feet, or a new mains cable, but a Christmas Tree. I got a real tree this year and placed beside one of my speakers, it gave a great sonic improvement, it must be doing a great job damping reflections etc. My only problem now is what to replace it with when the pines fall off and it's time to throw it out!
Derek

Re: Get the most from your HiFi ...

Post by Derek »

Get a live one in a pot, Christmas the year round!
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Ideally, two Christmas trees in mono trunk configuration with 'Chord Christmas Anthem' tree lights, bi-wired 240x240. Also, you'll need to think about a tree isolation platform, at least aluminium buckets with spikes...and forget soil, you'll be needing lead shot mixed with sand to retain substance in the base. Christmas decorations must be matt rather than shiny to minimise reflection and instead of the quaint tradition of a star on top of the tree, try an acoustic panel! The family may not see the immediate advantage, however your days will be merry but not bright.

Happy Christmas!
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Love it Marcus!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2