Derek Jarman/ Benjamin Britten: War Requiem

Jared

Derek Jarman/ Benjamin Britten: War Requiem

Post by Jared »

Jarman's powerful images, set as background to Britten's War Requiem, was shown on BBC4 last night, to mark Rememberance Sunday.

If you have never seen it, you will be able to view online, through BBC iPlayer over the next few days:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... r_Requiem/

Please take this opportunity to watch it if you can... it is 90 minutes long.
Seán

Re: Derek Jarman/ Benjamin Britten: War Requiem

Post by Seán »

Thanks for that Jared, if I get a chance I might watch some of it tonight.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ Sean, I take it you are able to pick up BBC iPlayer over in Dublin? I naively thought that because it was online, everyone should be able to... but apparently they can't in the US.. :-//

I'm so technically unaware...
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:^^ Sean, I take it you are able to pick up BBC iPlayer over in Dublin? I naively thought that because it was online, everyone should be able to... but apparently they can't in the US.. :-//

I'm so technically unaware...
Well, you don't live in the US.

I'm not sure Jared, I haven't tried it for a long time, the last time I did try it from home I wasn't able to. I used to be able to use it in work when I worked in a British Bank, alas that is no longer the case. It won't hurt to give it a try.

I'm in work at the mo and I can't watch anything, access is very restricted.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler