Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Yeah, music is good, but obviously taken from vinyl or some kind of mechanical recorder - sonics not great!
Pity that, most of the "jazz in paris" CDs I have are suberb close recordings. As an aside they're more blues than jazz too.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:Yeah, music is good, but obviously taken from vinyl or some kind of mechanical recorder - sonics not great!

I saw the album for a fiver in that new CD shop on Dame st and thought I couldn't really go wrong.

Fran
Good, I must pay them a visit when I'm in town tomorrow evening so. Any classical CDs in there or did you notice?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes, there was a rack of classical - about the same amount as jazz.

I also picked up a triple CD containing all the Ella and Louis recordings. It was only 7e, but I just hadn't got it in change (they didn't take cards) and I didn't have time to run off and find a machine to get more actual cash!! Great value and I hope its there on my next visit.

Ivor: I have that jazz in paris of willie dixon et all and yes, great recording. Don't get me wrong, the Byas CD is good just not sonically amazing like the others are. Very listenable though. Would go well in a wine shop hehe!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote: the Byas CD is good just not sonically amazing like the others are. Very listenable though. Would go well in a wine shop hehe!!

Fran
If only there was some way to back it up or something....... ;)

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

LMFAO!

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

On a jazz trane this evening....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Image

On a jazz trane this evening....
What's it like Fran? One of the few I haven't got?
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

suiting the weather and my mood

SJB
Seán

Post by Seán »

Sloop John B wrote:Image

suiting the weather and my mood

SJB
Well Mike, I hope that Miles lifted your mood because the weather is yite.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler