Golden Ear Technology Triton Two Loudspeaker...

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Rocker

Re: Golden Ear Technology Triton Two Loudspeaker...

Post by Rocker »

To be fair guys, it might be a bit soon to rule out the speakers. As far as I am concerned speakers must be considered along with the amplifier and the speaker cables. That trio in effect becomes one. The Leben amp, while looking great, might not be the best match for the GETTT speakers [whch sounded like they needed a bit of running in].
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Rocker wrote:To be fair guys, it might be a bit soon to rule out the speakers. As far as I am concerned speakers must be considered along with the amplifier and the speaker cables. That trio in effect becomes one. The Leben amp, while looking great, might not be the best match for the GETTT speakers [whch sounded like they needed a bit of running in].
Funny you should say that as the loud speaker (sic) told me it was only plugged in the previous night and that it would take at least 100 hours to run in properly....The one thing I thought was a bit sneaky was that he kept the needle on the spinning vinyl even though it was the cd player that was actually playing the music!
dubber

Post by dubber »

I was at Cloney recently demoing speakers, Ivan suggested to have a listen to these, like others here I was less than impressed at the show so was a bit sceptical ... but I must say I was alot more impressed second time around. These speakers can project a serious sense of scale and have an immense bottom end - definitely on my list of candidates.
cybot

Post by cybot »

dubber wrote:I was at Cloney recently demoing speakers, Ivan suggested to have a listen to these, like others here I was less than impressed at the show so was a bit sceptical ... but I must say I was alot more impressed second time around. These speakers can project a serious sense of scale and have an immense bottom end - definitely on my list of candidates.
Nice one :) Do let us know how you get on and especially how they sound up top with that 'accordian' tweeter. The prodigious bass/soundstage is a given :)
Last edited by cybot on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Good result. They certainly are an interesting set, I'm kinda rooting for them to be good....
Do or do not, there is no try
MooseTrackz

Post by MooseTrackz »

in a big room these speakers make them selves heard. a very impressive sound stage and adjustable bass to boot

i was sold and herself thinks they are rather large but sound rather sweet, quote unquote!
ooooooooooooooooooh i like that
cybot

Post by cybot »

MooseTrackz wrote:in a big room these speakers make them selves heard. a very impressive sound stage and adjustable bass to boot

i was sold and herself thinks they are rather large but sound rather sweet, quote unquote!
I want to hear more :) What sort of equipment have you got? How would you describe the sound. I believe the special tweeter used is a good 'un. Is it as detailed as a 'normal' tweeter? By the way congrats on your purchase :)
bod

Post by bod »

I know for a fact that Noel Cloney really likes these speakers and all I can say is as far as I`m concerned Noel has yet to be wrong when it comes to hi-fi that makes MUSIC as opposed to the other nonsense we all get caught up in now and again.
cybot

Post by cybot »

bod wrote:I know for a fact that Noel Cloney really likes these speakers and all I can say is as far as I`m concerned Noel has yet to be wrong when it comes to hi-fi that makes MUSIC as opposed to the other nonsense we all get caught up in now and again.
That's good enough for me :) Wonder what the cheaper Triton Three's sound like?
bod

Post by bod »

bod wrote:I know for a fact that Noel Cloney really likes these speakers and all I can say is as far as I`m concerned Noel has yet to be wrong when it comes to hi-fi that makes MUSIC as opposed to the other nonsense we all get caught up in now and again.
BTW I`m not trying to wind anyone up it`s just impossible to get any idea of the quality of components without a proper period of listening with the right gear etc. etc. One of the main reasons I left hi-fi retail was because I simply could not enjoy music for the sake of it anymore as the little disease infested hamster in my brain wouldn`t shut the flip up and let me just listen :-)