Remembering a much missed forum member....

cybot

Remembering a much missed forum member....

Post by cybot »

Believe it or not today is the second anniversary of Lars Peter's passing.....He would have loved the Sound and Vision show this weekend too. May he rest in peace.....

DaveF

Re: Remembering a much missed forum member....

Post by DaveF »

A nice thoughtful thread Dermot. I never met the guy but he was a very active forum member who certainly loved his vinyl! RIP Lars.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thanks Dave....I never met him either but he did send me his electronic stylus balance to try out one time. It was actually the same year he sadly passed away. But, on a happier note, he certainly loved his vinyl and the GTLP thread where he was a ferocious warrior! Many's the time I myself would get a battering for the obscure stuff I used to post :-)))) When I remember him now I can still see Taz on his hi fi rack :-)))
fergus

Post by fergus »

Well done Dermot for remembering Lars.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Cybot, Very good of you to remember the anniversary date. I cannot believe two years have passed already. Strange I was only thinking of him a few days ago.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well done remembering alright C. He was a remarkable guy by all accounts. Those two years flew by.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JAW

Post by JAW »

Well remembered Dermot. Doesn't time fly? I remember GTLP and various corrections about clues I gave! Sadly missed indeed!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Well said, Dermot! RIP Lars.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Robbie m

Post by Robbie m »

Hi, I've just seen this post now and read his death notice on the irishtimes.com site.
I never met or knew lars but i feel really sad when i read these type of post's especially when he was young man and what he must of gone through.

May he rest in peace.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Robbie m wrote:Hi, I've just seen this post now and read his death notice on the irishtimes.com site.
I never met or knew lars but i feel really sad when i read these type of post's especially when he was young man and what he must of gone through.

May he rest in peace.
Welcome to the Forum Robbie and thanks for the kind words on behalf of our Lars....