PMC MB2 for sale - Walnut - With stands

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ruairi

PMC MB2 for sale - Walnut - With stands

Post by Ruairi »

Hi all,

This is as much a feeler as anything else. As some of you may know I am a mastering engineer and I bought these PMCs just over 2 years ago for my work. Needless to say they are incredible speakers, truly world class. Life has taken an interesting twist and I have relocated to California with my good wife. I've shipped over all of my gear with the exception of the MB2s and stands, the room I'm working in for the forseeable future is way too small to use them properly. I'll be switching to a smaller pair of PMCs for now.

I have 2 options, hold onto the speakers and ship them over when I get a bigger space or sell them in Ireland (shipping internationally is not trivial as these are big ass speakers :-) Right now I'm leaning towards the former as I need funds for a car.

These speakers have been babied. They are mint except for one small scratch (3cm ish) on the side of one unit and the tiniest scratch on the front of the same unit, caused by a Realtrap bass trap that fell over one day! I have the original shipping boxes and the units are currently boxed up in Killarney. The stands I have are the PMC Professional version - 34 inches high, these alone cost serious money but are a necessity - http://www.pmc-speakers.com/product.php ... ew&pid=123

There's lots more I could say but I'm trying to avoid sales hype, if you know your Hifi/Pro Audio then you know what these are. Two key points to note

- You'll need a decent sized room, these will not work well in a cramped space.
- You'll need great amps to get the best out of these. My favourite combo was with a borrowed pair of Parasound JC-1 monoblocks, it was truly sublime.

If anyone is seriously interested I can get my brother to unpack and shoot some pics. If it progresses from there then a demo is possible too, if we can arrange some good amps, I've taken my Hypex UCD400HG with me!

If you'd like to chat about this hit me up with an email to ruairioflaherty (at) eircom (dot) net

Thanks,
Ruairi

One more thought, these are the MB2 which came just before the current MB2i, the change was to the tweeter only I believe. I've heard and worked on the MB2i and the difference is subtle, in fact I couldn't separate it from the different room they were in. I've been lucky enough to hear every speaker in the PMC professional range at one stage or another (including the exquisite BB5-XBDA rig in Metropolis Mastering!) and the MB2 hold up very well indeed.
Diapason

Re: PMC MB2 for sale - Walnut - With stands

Post by Diapason »

Once upon a time I would have bitten your hand off, but I'm not really in a position to do that any more. Realistically, they wouldn't work in my room anyway, but I always wanted a pair, from the first time I heard the big PMC sound.

Good luck with the sale!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Matt

Post by Matt »

Stunning speakers

Good luck with the sale and the move
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl
Ruairi

Post by Ruairi »

Thanks for the good vibes guys. Yes they are stunning speakers, I used to get a kick out of playing tracks for visiting engineers and watching their reaction!

I haven't settled on price yet but rest assured it will be good value, I need to work out the going rate for the current model and stands and work backwards from there. I'd rather sell these in Ireland but I'm quite content to bring them here if that's how it goes.

I have located two of the worst photos ever taken of my actual speakers, done with a crappy camera phone. I can email to anyone who wants a look.

Cheers,
Ruairi
Ruairi

Post by Ruairi »

Bumpage!

I'm thinking around 6K euro for these, that's a huge drop from new retail. Hit me with a mail, let's talk.

Cheers,
Ruairi
Ruairi

Post by Ruairi »

Hi all,

Bumping this thread up from the depths. Well I've moved to L.A. and set up my mastering room here, as Steve Martin said in L.A. Story "Hot and sunny every day" :-)

My MB-2 are still packed up in Killarney waiting to be sold, I haven't done anything to sell them since I last posted here but I need to move them now. All the above info still stands but I'm open to offers. I'm really keen to move these to a new home. They are fantastic speakers.

I've bought another set of PMC over here, IB2 this time as I'm working in a smaller space. Incidentally I also bought a pair of Parasound JC-1 which sound fantastic.

I'm willing to work with anyone on these, somebody will get a great deal. Demoing is possible for serious buyers.

Hit me up on ruairioflaherty (at) eircom (dot) net
leachimnosneb

Post by leachimnosneb »

Hi Ruairi

I am in the market for a new pair of speakers. However, my budget is significantly less than your asking price. I am wondering if you might be prepared to do a deal?

Regards.

Michael
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Ruairi wrote:Hi all,

Bumping this thread up from the depths. Well I've moved to L.A. and set up my mastering room here, as Steve Martin said in L.A. Story "Hot and sunny every day" :-)

My MB-2 are still packed up in Killarney waiting to be sold, I haven't done anything to sell them since I last posted here but I need to move them now. All the above info still stands but I'm open to offers. I'm really keen to move these to a new home. They are fantastic speakers.

I've bought another set of PMC over here, IB2 this time as I'm working in a smaller space. Incidentally I also bought a pair of Parasound JC-1 which sound fantastic.

I'm willing to work with anyone on these, somebody will get a great deal. Demoing is possible for serious buyers.

Hit me up on ruairioflaherty (at) eircom (dot) net

I am also in Killarney but just saw this thread. Unfortunately spent a bunch on a pair of B&W's not too long ago. However,if your brother (Tony?) IS unpacking them for a demo I would love to have a listen.........May be tempted but more curious to be honest! Best regards,