Cable Burn In Service

Andy S

Cable Burn In Service

Post by Andy S »

Guys

I mentioned in another post that I had borrowed a Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burning machine from a customer last week and I have been busy burning/reburning all my interconnect cables over the past few days.

Blue Horizon recommend 24/48 hours reburning for already burned in cables and 100 to 150 hours for a new cable.

http://www.bluehorizonideas.com/products.html

I have to say that this little machine has really given my existing burned in cables and extra lease of life so I have been in touch with the UK distributor (same as Furutech) and have bought one from him to burn in new cables for my business.

The machine will also burn in XLR Interconnects (one at a time) and speaker cables, these take 100 hours due to the lengths involved.

If anyone has a new or burnt in cable that they want me to burn/reburn in on the this machine I will be happy to do so for €7.00 for 24 hours or €10.00 for 48 hours.

Regards.

Andy
Last edited by Andy S on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivor

Re: Cable Burn In Service

Post by Ivor »

Andy S wrote:Guys

I mentioned in another post that I had borrowed a Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burning machine from a customer last week and I have been busy burning/reburning all my interconnect cables over the past few days.

Blue Horizon recommend 24/48 hours reburning for already burned in cables and 100 to 150 hours for a new cable.

I have to say that this little machine has really given my existing burned in cables and extra lease of life so I have been in touch with the UK distributor (same as Furutech) and have bought one from him to burn in new cables for my business.

The machine will also burn in speaker cables, this takes 100 hours due to the lengths involved.

If anyone has a new or burnt in cable that they want me to burn/reburn in on the this machine I will be happy to do so for €7.00 for 24 hours or €10.00 for 48 hours.

Regards.

Andy
Interesting.... and no doubt worth a shot.
I won't try it right now as I'm still ironing out an 'edge' in my system but gimmie a few weeks.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Hi Andy I will give it a go shortly. the nanotec cables that you soldered for me might be worth burning in a bit more. thanks for the offer
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Tony, I didn't know there were other Nanotec believers out there (besides myself and Ivor) , I'd be interested to hear the results of the burn-in if you get it done.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Hi Ken, I got them at xmas. US company had a sale so how could I pass up such a bargain. I left them lying around till mid feb and then got Andy to solder with eichmann silver bullets. I have them connected to my CD player and the nordost heimdalls that I got from Ivor connected also. Tried to convince myself that they were an improvement on the nordost cables but at this moment in time my preference and any other tester(family) are the nordost. Smoother clearer sound to my waxy ears. I am going to get andy to burn them on his machine at some stage as they have very little mileage on them compared to the heimdalls. Only fair to wait a while before passing judgement.
The heimdalls though are approx three times the price brand new so one would hope that if one had paid that extra amount of dosh that they had an edge.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Tony

If the Nanotec cable has only been feeding your CD Player to your amp it is not really getting much of a work out, I am sure that this cable should equal if not beat the Nordost when fully burned in, especially given that it has better RCA plugs than the Nordost.

I reckon 48 hours on the Proburn machine will do it the World of good, I have been very impressed with the results I have achieved on new and already (I thought) burn't in cables.

Regards.

Andy
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ken Moreland wrote:Hi Tony, I didn't know there were other Nanotec believers out there (besides myself and Ivor) , I'd be interested to hear the results of the burn-in if you get it done.
tony wrote: Tried to convince myself that they were an improvement on the nordost cables but at this moment in time my preference and any other tester(family) are the nordost. Smoother clearer sound to my waxy ears. ..... The heimdalls though are approx three times the price brand new so one would hope that if one had paid that extra amount of dosh that they had an edge.
I think I had expressed the opinion on the old forum that the Nanotec cables worked better with valve amps, indeed I'm told they were designed specifically for Airtight amps, and I'm not surprised the Heimdalls sound "better" in a solid-state system. There's no question that the Heimdalls do deliver that "Smoother clearer sound" but the Nanotecs gave me all that plus a soundstage you could walk into... even if you were 7 feet tall and 10 feet wide.
It's that "synergy" thing again... bits that work well together.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

You did Ivor, I am going to wait till I get them burnt in and have enough time to listen to both for a good session before committing myself on which is my ultimate preference. You kinda a wonder with all these cable types are they just producing a different tone rather than any huge improvement either way.
Dont know how different your system sounded with the heimdalls but I would hazard a guess after hearing it with the nanotecs that it would be a fairly good soundstage giving the gear being used. I could live with it using 2.5 twin minus the earth as an interconnect.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Listened to Ivor's Nanotec interconnects last year and made up my own immediately afterwards with Eichmann Silver bullets from Andy I'd fully agree the soundstage and body is superb. However,like Tiger Woods, I must confess I dallied with a pair of Artisan Cables Ultimate Silver Dream and listened to them for a month before comparing with the Nanotecs. No comparison, the Nanotec's soundstage is superior , much more body and improved lower end (important with low power valve amp). Don't think I'll be unfaithful again........
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

What type of valve amp have you got Ken? I think from the old forum you had got A5's but maybe it was Fergus, I would be curious if you were using them with the valve amp.
Sure after I listened to Ivors I was checking out airtights and found what I think was the same model secondhand in the uk for approx £2200.(it looked like a steal) I would have bought it if I hadnt already jumped in and spent my budget. Of course at that point in time I didnt realise that a preamp was also needed.
Thanks for the push also re the nanotecs last year.