Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

the usual sublime performances from Jordi Savall and Les Concert Des Nations.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ continuing the theme... I'm just breaking into my next set of delights which, along with my wonderful 'Handel & Haydn Fest' I have ongoing, will I have no doubt keep me entranced for the next fortnight all told:

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

^^ some great music there Jared. Enjoy!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

watched a perfomance of this on BBC Four last night and so decided to dig out the only copy I have.

fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Image

There are many hours of wonderful musical delights to be enjoyed there Jared....I am sure that you will savour every moment of it!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Charming music that is well played.
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote: There are many hours of wonderful musical delights to be enjoyed there Jared....I am sure that you will savour every moment of it!!
Many thanks Fergus... and Dave. This is probably a good time to say that I'll be gone for a couple of days, as I leave for a work training course tomorrow first thing... but I shall be taking some of these lovely recordings with me.
mcq

Post by mcq »

DaveF wrote:Symphony No.9

That's a great version of the Ninth, Dave, but do look out for Karajan's 1977 version. The quartet of singers that he employs in the later version - Jose van Dam, Peter Schreier, Agnes Baltsa and Anna Tomowa-Sintow - seem to be me to be on better form than the 1960s quartet - excepting, of course, the ever beautiful Gundula Janowitz - and, very often, it is the quality of the singers in this mighty work that distinguish the really great versions from the merely very good.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.