Usher CP 8571 MK2 speakers ****SOLD*****

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
HIFIJoe

Re: Usher CP 8571 MK2 speakers *****PRICE DROP*******

Post by HIFIJoe »

Hi Davef i see that you have no luck in selling your speakers as yet (which i think are excellent) ,times are hard.Before you do sell them,there are a few things i would do first. (1) Change your speaker cable,the Nordost flatline is just not good enough for your system,go for something better.(2) Try different valves in the pre-section they can make a big difference and are not that expensive.I have the Almarro A50125A which is also from Japan great piece of kit,but i changed the valves in the pre-section and that made a huge difference to the sound over all,i also change my speaker cable, im using pure silver cable now,which you are more than welcome to try. I hope this is of some help to you.Yours in HiFi Frank.
Claus

Post by Claus »

I ditto everything in the above post. I am not so sure the cables will make a huge difference but the valves will.
Which brand of valves are in it now?
If the valves are new production (not "new old stock" or NOS) they are made with very big tolerances and sometimes are microphonic straight out of the box! I can see other reviewers mentioning that the amp is very revealing with regards to the valves used. I would try the preamp valves first but also look at the output valves. I have heard the difference myself in a transparent gutar amp, and it can be night and day. I take it that the bias is set correctly? This is another huge factor in some designs....
Hope it helps and that you give it a shot.
Claus
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

The amp is new AFAIK, and has the airtight selected valves on board....

How is it going for you now David?
Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Thanks for the input gents.

I'm not really a cable believer to be honest and my experience over the last few weeks and months in particular hasnt made me change my mind. I think I mentioned it before but a former work colleague of mine works in a well known cable manufacturer in the UK and he only confirmed my suspicions about the hifi cable industry.

Anyway, changing valves is something I've kept in mind alright but I havent taken the plunge yet. As good as the Ushers are, they were never keepers for me as I'm after a different sound so I'm still looking to sell them.

@Fran, things havent really changed since I wrote the Usher/Airtight thread a while back. For the most part things are fine but the issue I have still exists on some recordings.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Re: Usher CP 8571 MK2 speakers ****SOLD*****

Post by DaveF »

Sale agreed
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Nice one Dave.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Well done.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fantastic news Dave :-)))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Thanks lads but I wont be celebrating until I get them down several flights of stairs safely!
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Thanks lads but I wont be celebrating until I get them down several flights of stairs safely!
Remember the back Dave!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra