Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Seán

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Seán »

Earlier today, this caused quite a stir at our family get together.

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Quite enjoyed this and in particular the percussion featured on a few tracks.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

You might enjoy her tribute to Miles Davis , Travelling Miles.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jazz, Jazz, Jazz, listening to classical chamber music and Jazz, Jazz, Jazz, lately. A small sample of my listening habits:

Oh the wonderful VJO, their new cds are on order, and so to whet my appetite I listened to perfromances of the compositions and arrangements of Slide Hampton.

The SJO performing music written by Bob Mintzer.

On the TT, the Clayton Brothers, John and Jeff playing beautifully throughout. John Clayton and drummer Jeff Hamilton are regular members of Diana Krall's group.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Claus

Post by Claus »

Really enjoying this one! Great playing and sound quality on the headphones with jkdac is sssh-weet!
Derek

Post by Derek »

Claus wrote:Image

Really enjoying this one! Great playing and sound quality on the headphones with jkdac is sssh-weet!
Hi Claus

I picked that one up in Amsterdam earlier in the year and although I couldn’t fault the recording or musicianship it didn’t do much for me, maybe I’ll get it back in the player and give it another go
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:Image
Very nice, I don't have that album but I do love Byas' big "Colemanesque" sound, enjoy.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yeah, music is good, but obviously taken from vinyl or some kind of mechanical recorder - sonics not great!

I saw the album for a fiver in that new CD shop on Dame st and thought I couldn't really go wrong.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try