System Gallery

DaveF

Re: System Gallery

Post by DaveF »

Nice gear Marcus. What are the units on the table?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks for the comments. Yes, this gives me a detailed and open system but with some warmth and fluidity. I am happy with this set up at the moment…haha...famous last words :-)

Fran, at least you have a bag! My snakes seem to roam freely when they feel like it. I’m convinced they move around overnight.

Dave, The pre-amp on the left is the Michell Orca, with psu underneath. I have a long relationship with Michell products, through Iso and Argo and various turntables. I met John Michell at the workshop in Borehamwood when he upgraded the volume pot on my old Argo during testing of the upgrade, free of charge while I made the coffee. That became a standard upgrade for the unit. He was a lovely man. The Orca matches the Michell Alecto monoblocks on each side (the top hats – he did these in gold colour too – hmmm). These are MK2 versions now upgraded by Graham Fowler at Trichord. It’a a fabulous musical upgrade as well as increasing output and the Alectos now drive (and control) the B&Ws properly.
The CD player is the old Naim CDS2 top loader with the original XPS power supply beneath. No mods.

I haven’t had a chance to look back through this entire thread – I’ll try to do so at the weekend, I’m sure there is some very tasty gear here.
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Rearranged the room while I had the chance more out of curiosity than anything else. The differences in sound presentation have been worth it. Still need more time to try out more recordings and tweak placement of the speakers and furniture. Whether I'll be allowed to keep it this way is another story.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

the boys on the internet think this looks much nicer.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Nice bit of distraction there with the plant Dave....something to distract the female eye!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

fergus wrote:Nice bit of distraction there with the plant Dave....something to distract the female eye!!!
it worked on you!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Dead man walking.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ken Moreland wrote:Dead man walking.
KM

No Ken, he's already dead ;-)))) Can't wait to hear the reaction....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Contact one of her friends now and beg/coerce/blackmail/pay them to say she thinks it looks much better and how good you are to re-organise as a nice surprise for her return. It works!

Read this soon - I'll need to delete it to cover my tracks soon!!!!
Do or do not, there is no try