Site Admin

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Vinyl

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:Image
It's gorgeous music, I love it
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:Vinyl

What a lovely combination, I saw Gerry Mulligan in concert, he was wonderful.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Two great albums there, David. Bet they're good on the AirTight.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ken Moreland wrote:Two great albums there, David. Bet they're good on the AirTight.
KM
They sound great Ken. That Cassandra Wilson CD was the one you brought to my place and I was impressed with it. I picked it up cheaply in Edinburgh over the weekend. There was another one there, a recent recording of hers called Silver Pony I think but I left it for now.
mcq

Post by mcq »

Listening tonight to Keith Jarrett. First up on the Meridian was Facing You (his debut solo release for ECM), followed by Expectations, his one and only release for Columbia (who, I believe, did very little to promote the album and cancelled his contract not long afterwards). Very different music - Expectations is more of a jazz-rock groove whilst Facing You is a distillation of the solo piano improvisations that would define much of his later career work - but equally satisfying.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Seán

Post by Seán »

The Ellington Orchestra's tribute to Billy Strayhorn.