WANTED

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
andy1971

WANTED

Post by andy1971 »

Нi All,

Eventually I have managed to purchase Audio Note AN-E speakers.

Unfortunately, I have no other equipment to enjoy their sound at this moment. My previous gear was sold few months ago.
Therefore I need the following:

- Audio Note speaker stands. Or, may be someone knows where in Dublin I can order to build them.

-Speaker cables. Generally, I don't believe in expensive wires. So something thick, multi stranded, made from OFC, terminated with banana plugs will do. Must be bi-wire.

-Good integrated valve amp. Preferably, the one I can switch off with remote(if it exists, my knowledge in valve amps is very limited). Puresound, Audio Note, Eastern Electric, Icon, Manley, Unison Research, Audio Research?????? Just the names which I have heard.

-Source. Hard drive based. Controlled by I Phone. I haven’t decided yet what exactly I need. Options are:
-Mac Mini + external HD + DAC
-NAS + Linn Sneaky DS + DAC
-NAS + Linn Majik DS
- Olive 4hd
-Olive 3hd + DAC
Whatever will give the best result in my system at reasonable price? I don't need wireless or multiroom set up.

I would appreciate any help in building my system - technical advice or offer of the equipment.

Cheers
Andrei
HiFiFan

Re: WANTED

Post by HiFiFan »

I don’t use it as my main source but when I am too lazy to put in CDs or put on vinyl I use a MacMini coupled with the iPad iRetmote App. It is a really nice setup. There are a number of recent reasonably priced DACs on the market that support asynchronous USB which should give you the best solution. I currently use the mini toslink to the DAC input on my CD.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Fran
Site Admin

Re: WANTED

Post by Fran »

The shine integrated amp for sale here by Fergus might be a good buy..... certainly worth a listen anyway.

As regards the source - I don't think you could go too far wrong with jkenys USB hiface-dac. Best sound for reasonable money out there in the digital realm and AFAIK will work on windows or mac (but not linux). I can attest to its superb sound, and have compared it to some pretty high end sources. Give him a PM......

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try