Anyone Tried Walker ESST/SST Contact Enhancer?

Andy S

Anyone Tried Walker ESST/SST Contact Enhancer?

Post by Andy S »

A very good customer of mine in the UK has been raving about this product and has very kindly sent me what was left in his old bottle now he has bought some more. I haven't received it yet but will give it a try on my system to see what all the fuss is about.

He reckons in his £50k plus system it improves the performance of cables by 20% so it will be interesting to witness this first hand.

http://www.walkeraudio.com/sst.htm

Just wondering has anyone had any experience with this wonder product?
Ivor

Re: Anyone Tried Walker ESST/SST Contact Enhancer?

Post by Ivor »

Andy S wrote:A very good customer of mine in the UK has been raving about this product and has very kindly sent me what was left in his old bottle now he has bought some more. I haven't received it yet but will give it a try on my system to see what all the fuss is about.

He reckons in his £50k plus system it improves the performance of cables by 20% so it will be interesting to witness this first hand.

http://www.walkeraudio.com/sst.htm

Just wondering has anyone had any experience with this wonder product?
That's interesting, I've been looking around for a good contact cleaner for a while but it's hard to get anything that comes with a recommdation. Would the diluted alchohol mix you were suggesting for clenaing a lens or CD be worth a try or have you been there already?
I always get suspicious when I see high prices like on the Walker Audio site, it's as if they only get one shot to fleece you so they'll go deep! With that logic the prices on that site suggest more snake oil than miracle cure and are too much to take a gamble on.
Let us know how you get on with your sample Andy, I'd be interested to hearing how it goes.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I've seen many posts recommending Caig De-Oxit.

Never used any of them though and would be interested to hear the results...

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Ivor

Yes the Isopropyl alcohol/water mix is a good contact cleaner, however Fran, the Caig DeOxit is better, I use this every day on every joint I solder, it lasts a long long time!

I have to say I am a little sceptical about the Walker Treatment but will keep an open mind and let you know my results!

Regards

Andy
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Andy, are you using the DeOxit as a cleaner prior to soldering or afterwards?

I use isopropanol all the time as a cleaner.... so I'm interested to hear your results if the walker (or DeOxit) is worth it.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Fran

I use the DeOxit to prepare the solder platforms prior to soldering and then apply some more to the contacts on the RCA Plugs and Mains Plugs e.t.c.

Regards.

Andy
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hi Andy
Ive read lots of good things about the sst treatment.
One person added it to the ends of Hifi Tuning/Isoclean fuses and said it brought results comparable with those after changing the fuses initially.
I think i might buy some in a month or two.
Ive a big change on the way to my system in a week or 2 that i want to get used to first.
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Matt

I have received the ESST treatment but haven't got around to using it yet as I would need to take all the equipment off my rack to get access to the back of the components.

I am going to try it on the fuseholders and on the blades of mains plugs and IEC inlets.

I have been reburning my cables on a Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burning machine a customer has lent me for a few months so I also need to assess any differences from the cable burn before applying the ESST.

Regards.

Andy
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Actually, now that I think of it, Kenny "loaned" me some Walker SST about a hundred years ago, and I put it on a shelf and forgot about it. Must see if I can find it!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Matt

Post by Matt »

Andy S wrote:Matt

I have received the ESST treatment but haven't got around to using it yet as I would need to take all the equipment off my rack to get access to the back of the components.

I am going to try it on the fuseholders and on the blades of mains plugs and IEC inlets.

I have been reburning my cables on a Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burning machine a customer has lent me for a few months so I also need to assess any differences from the cable burn before applying the ESST.

Regards.

Andy
Good news Andy, i look forward to hearing your views on the cable burn in and walker treatment.
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl