What are you listening to?

DaveF

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

The organ sound from the one here in Saint Ouen was recommended to me and it certainly doesnt disappoint. Right up there with St Sulpice to my amatuer ears anyway.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
fergus wrote:
Jared wrote: Sonatas put to one side this morning, the coming week will be a consideration of the Bagatelles & Diabellis...
I am curious to know what you ultimately thought of the Baremboim sonata cycle Jared.
Barenboim & Beethoven sells itself Fergus... the cycle is uniformly excellent, although admittedly the sound quality is not quite up to the same standard of his later set on DG... I'm very pleased indeed however to have it in my collection (it had 5 complete listens through, with some sonatas receiving more) and is a cycle I will no doubt be returning to repeatedly...
Thank you Jared. That set has long been on my Wish List.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

This is wonderful music with magnificent performances from the singers (both choral and solo) and the instrumentalists. The recorded sound is very good as well which does great justice to the voices and instruments.
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Image

This is wonderful music with magnificent performances from the singers (both choral and solo) and the instrumentalists. The recorded sound is very good as well which does great justice to the voices and instruments.
you've been listening to some very intriguing music of late Fergus, and this disk is no exception... certainly you aren't going to go far wrong with the either artists or label in question...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote: you've been listening to some very intriguing music of late Fergus, and this disk is no exception... certainly you aren't going to go far wrong with the either artists or label in question...
I am stuck working at the computer a lot lately Jared and I am taking the chance to play some of my older stuff. One can sometimes get caught up in the new purchases sometimes; it is a good thing to step back and take down some of the "have not listened to in a while" discs.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote: One can sometimes get caught up in the new purchases sometimes; it is a good thing to step back and take down some of the "have not listened to in a while" discs.
very wise words indeed, Fergus... I think it's been over a year since I played a Sibelius Symphony... which I otherwise adore... :-//
Jared

Post by Jared »

another relatively recent purchase receiving its first listen...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Image

another relatively recent purchase receiving its first listen...
I know that you have been planning a Hummel odyssey for some time now so I hope that you enjoy your journey!
fergus

Post by fergus »

String Quartets Op.18 1-3....