Re: Recent Purchases

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Wow! All 555 Sonatas: that's a lot of Scarlatti. That'll be fun to work your way through!
Jared

Post by Jared »

Ciaran wrote:Wow! All 555 Sonatas: that's a lot of Scarlatti. That'll be fun to work your way through!
agreed Ciaran... what was that you were saying about life being short and art long?? lol

I would of course post something meaningful in this thread, but alas, Fergus has banned me from purchasing anything new until I've worked my way through my pile of recent purchases... which may be some time... :-//
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
Ciaran wrote:Wow! All 555 Sonatas: that's a lot of Scarlatti. That'll be fun to work your way through!
agreed Ciaran... what was that you were saying about life being short and art long?? lol

I would of course post something meaningful in this thread, but alas, Fergus has banned me from purchasing anything new until I've worked my way through my pile of recent purchases... which may be some time... :-//
Oi Jared, Fergus isn't your wife so off you go now and treat yourself to a large stash of cds, food and shelter is not all it's cut out to be anyway, feckin' waste of money if you ask me.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

and there was I agonising over the wisdom or otherwise of my getting the Zacharias 5 cd set of Scarletti's music.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I have the Zacharias (or some of it): I bought it in Ludwig Beck*. Very enjoyable.

*(am Rathaus Eck)
fergus

Post by fergus »

I have been threatening to buy that set for over two years now and I finally decided to treat myself!!! I am looking forward to hearing it with great anticipation.
fergus

Post by fergus »

fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:

Now I will have to ban myself for a while until I hear all 34 Scarlatti CDs!!!
fergus

Post by fergus »