What are you listening to?

Jared

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Jared »

now listening to another bargain priced classic, courtesy of ebay...

I do LOVE online retail therapy...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Image

I purchased this disk for an absolute bargain on Amazon this week... and I have to say, its an excellent performance indeed... markedly softer than the famous Wiener Oktet version, and worth every penny..
Interesting....
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

BTW, I know that you lost the link to our site so it is good to have you back here my friend!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Jared wrote: I purchased this disk for an absolute bargain on Amazon this week... and I have to say, its an excellent performance indeed... markedly softer than the famous Wiener Oktet version, and worth every penny..
Interesting....
Quite, Fergus... far more relaxed, lyrical and melodic to be honest... in the hands of the Wiener, this always had the feel of a gargantuan chamber work which needed to be wrestled to the floor, which I personally found exhiliarating, but I realise is not eveyone's cup of tea. This recording would for me, be more accessible for those who are either new to, or find Schubert's larger chamber works a more daunting task...
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:BTW, I know that you lost the link to our site so it is good to have you back here my friend!
Thank you... I lost the details of the Tir Na forum when my motherboard on my old PC went into meltdown some months ago... I apologise for my tardiness in returning...
Jared

Post by Jared »

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that is probably the best thing Arnold Schoenburg ever wrote:

(oh go on, you can call me an old Romantic if you like... ;-)) )
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:I am quickly coming to the conclusion that is probably the best thing Arnold Schoenburg ever wrote:

(oh go on, you can call me an old Romantic if you like... ;-)) )
Ah Jared, you young romantic you, welcome back to the land of Saints and Scholars and the IMF. You are most welcome.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote:Ah Jared, you young romantic you, welcome back to the land of Saints and Scholars and the IMF. You are most welcome.

yes, that's an interesting point you raise... did this forum recieve its own personal bailout? :-))
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
Seán wrote:Ah Jared, you young romantic you, welcome back to the land of Saints and Scholars and the IMF. You are most welcome.

yes, that's an interesting point you raise... did this forum recieve its own personal bailout? :-))
Not yet, our real leader, Enda Kenny, has just touched the British PM for a loan, her majesty will bring the cheque with her when she vists us in May and then we'll be able to buy loads of cds on amazon.co.uk, so stick around.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP