Congrats on New Site

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Congrats on New Site

Post by Fran »

Wasn't your CDP broken or something just when you were leaving here?

The setup looks great....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

nope. the CDP's running like a champ. i did replace the belt drive at one point, but that's just routine upkeep.

-b
Modest

Post by Modest »

Very nice setup indeed. Which Cec player on the photo ? TL 51?
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

yup. i like to think of it as the bargan bin Burmester. same basic guts made by the same company.

and several thousand quid less.

-b
fergus

Post by fergus »

Once again, may I add my hearty congratulations on getting the site up and running....may it have a long and happy life....I am sure that all of the hard work and effort will pay off very soon with lots and lots of posters posting avidly.
Well done guys.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran, Derek & Ivor, congratulations and thanks for setting up this new site. It's good to be back among friends.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
b318isp

Post by b318isp »

Yeah, thanks lads for making the effort to set up the forum.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Just to add my tuppence worth - well done guys, no doubt a lot of work and planning went into this site. I was talking to Ivan in Cloneys about a month ago and mentioned the forum to him. He said that they got p*****d off with other dealers and nefarious sorts selling equipment on the site. A fair point, as Cloney is a shop! BTW, some great stuff on the second hand section of the Cloney site at the moment.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

JAW wrote:Just to add my tuppence worth - well done guys, no doubt a lot of work and planning went into this site. I was talking to Ivan in Cloneys about a month ago and mentioned the forum to him. He said that they got p*****d off with other dealers and nefarious sorts selling equipment on the site. A fair point, as Cloney is a shop! BTW, some great stuff on the second hand section of the Cloney site at the moment.
They could've just closed the classified section I suppose but then that would have lessened the opportunity to free up some cash for new purchases by getting rid of our old stuff. Ah well, as has been said already, we're independent now which can only be a good thing.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote: He said that they got p*****d off with other dealers and nefarious sorts selling equipment on the site.
I wasn't aware of any dealers on there but it's their call. Of course we could have just dropped the "for sale" section. No matter.... that's history.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable