Two great albums Mick!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

mick wrote:Image

A great compilation of his work from his early days with the Hollies to more recent offerings.
A fine body of work.
This must be the box set I saw the other day. The only Graham Nash I have is the Song For Beginners album which came bundled with David Crosby's I Can't Even Remember My Name in the 2 Originals series. To tell the truth I never really passed any remarks of poor old Graham as I felt (probably wrongly!) that he was always the weak link. I must give that Beginners album another spin tonight...
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:....I've decided to listen to some Vangelis. Here's a rarity I haven't heard in a millennium....
He is one that seems to be left aside sometimes but is always good to come back to!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:....I've decided to listen to some Vangelis. Here's a rarity I haven't heard in a millennium....
He is one that seems to be left aside sometimes but is always good to come back to!
I have to agree with you Fergus! I played some of his other stuff last night and I got a pleasant surprise I tell you! Forgotten albums like Direct, The City, Opera Sauvage etc surprised me with their excellent production and music!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Time to catch up with a rarely played album...

cybot

Post by cybot »

Followed by this little known gem...has anyone else got this album?

cybot

Post by cybot »

This was a pleasant surprise both sonically and musically. For NY fans it's a must...

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:This was a pleasant surprise both sonically and musically. For NY fans it's a must...

Brilliant album and Neil sounds great.
tony

Post by tony »

Agree as well, excellent recording. Kinda laided back but as dermot sayes a definite for a 'younger'. He seemed to come across slightly shy/reservered but still underneath a huge amount of self confidence( I know thats a contradiction)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Jad and Tony,

The NY album sounds incredible on the vinyl version, but then I would say that ;-)