Demo booked, bring on the contenders...

Fran
Site Admin

Re: Demo booked, bring on the contenders...

Post by Fran »

mmm yes it does seem like a very good deal for the BAT CDP.

Based on what I've heard so far, I can tell you that I would be very surprised if jkeny's USB DAC didn't hold its own against it. However, you do have to ask yourself do you want to physically put in a CD and press play, or are you content to use a software player on a laptop? Fundamentally, that is your question......

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Claus

Post by Claus »

I think you are right. But one does not exclude the other. Besides, with a DAC I would still want a transport. So with that in mind the CDP makes sense. Of course I wont be able to return the CDP if I get it, and then find the DAC to be better... ;) Is there a price point mentioned for Jkeny's DAC?
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes, you right for jkenys (or any dac) you would need a transport. In his case it would be a laptop .....

I don't know jkeny pricing, but it will ne a fraction of the cost of the BAT cd player. Buy both and you have the best of both worlds!
Claus

Post by Claus »

And that is exactly what I did (or will do tomorrow). B.A.T. on the way!
Can I just say a huge thanks to Frankie Lee, who pointed me in the direction of the buy and sell ad. Cheers mate!
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

Delighted to be of assistance. I hate to see a bargain get away, and that one seemed pretty extraordinary. Let us know your verdict once it's set up.
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Wow, good purchase!!!

Do let us know how it sounds once you get it running!!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

well done Claus, I think you've got a good one there. Will expect demo. ;)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Claus

Post by Claus »

The BAT has landed! Very nice sound off this one right out of (a long time in) the box. Amazing detail, sweet relaxed sound, blackness, dynamics, midrange etc. It is supposed to improve over the next 20 - 50 hours still...Rediscovering a few discs this evening.

Strangely the long awaited Young DAC also arrived today, but has to be returned straight back to the UK. It is very hard to have another great piece of equipment just sitting there in a box looking at me. Unfortunately I cannot afford both and have promised the dealer to return it without opening it. Sorry John! I would still like to listen to your DAC in the near future... ;)

My class d audio kit also arrived! Now off to Fran for a box for it... :)

What a day!
Claus
cybot

Post by cybot »

Claus wrote:The BAT has landed! Very nice sound off this one right out of (a long time in) the box. Amazing detail, sweet relaxed sound, blackness, dynamics, midrange etc. It is supposed to improve over the next 20 - 50 hours still...Rediscovering a few discs this evening.

Strangely the long awaited Young DAC also arrived today, but has to be returned straight back to the UK. It is very hard to have another great piece of equipment just sitting there in a box looking at me. Unfortunately I cannot afford both and have promised the dealer to return it without opening it. Sorry John! I would still like to listen to your DAC in the near future... ;)

My class d audio kit also arrived! Now off to Fran for a box for it... :)

What a day!
Claus
Great stuff Claus! Enjoy :-))))
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

Fran wrote:Wow, good purchase!!!

Do let us know how it sounds once you get it running!!
Not every day you save 12 large!
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com