Fran
Site Admin

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
mcq

Post by mcq »

I spent the day with some classics from one of my favourite saxophonists, Art Pepper. This is an astonishing series of records that the great man recorded in the late Fifties. One of the greatest masters of the ballad, he could break your heart like few others.

And then this wonderful, yet heartbreaking DVD:

What a fabulous way to see out 2010.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

On the TT this evening...

absolutely beautiful from start to finish.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Have a few of his cds but got around to getting this. I really think its a beautiful album (eh cd in my case)
Awaiting porgy&bess and around the corner currently in the post. I have Autumn leaves from some download and love it.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Seán

Post by Seán »

tony wrote:Have a few of his cds but got around to getting this. I really think its a beautiful album (eh cd in my case)
Awaiting porgy&bess and around the corner currently in the post. I have Autumn leaves from some download and love it.

and so do I.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Derek

Post by Derek »

Seán wrote:
tony wrote:Have a few of his cds but got around to getting this. I really think its a beautiful album (eh cd in my case)

and so do I.
In my opinion his best, I love this album.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
tony

Post by tony »

Sorry about autumn leaves that seems to be from an album of the same name. When I downloaded it ages ago it was tagged as porgy and bess .Got that the other day havent listened to it yet. Glad you guys agree. I also agree with the comments about kind of blue buried in this thread somewhere i.e wouldnt be bowled over by that.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Tertonmike

Post by Tertonmike »

Very suitable for that mellow, late Sunday evening mood!
"Music is the antidote to the world of pain and sorrow"
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

This one gets regular spins from me.
Attachments
683721.jpg
683721.jpg (34.36 KiB) Viewed 584 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford