screenclick

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Fran
Site Admin

screenclick

Post by Fran »

Anyone here using screenclick or a similar online dvd rental setup? I was considering returning to them....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
fergus

Re: screenclick

Post by fergus »

Never heard of it Fran....what is the setup?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

You sign up for a package - say a tenner a month. You go into your account and set up a wish list of movies you'd like to see. They send you out your highest rated one they have available (so it might be no. 4 on your list say). You watch it and send it back post free in a special envelope they give you. When they get it back they send you out the next available one and so on.

Works out cheaper than rental shops and no trying to return the dvd by 8. They also have very extensive catalog with lots of foreign, arthouse and older movies. Disadvantage is if they are slow about getting your order out you get less movies for the same money. Also you are not absolutely certain of what you are going to get until they send it out. So it could be any one of your top 10 for eg.

Like all these things the level of service is everything ....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
fergus

Post by fergus »

Thanks for that Fran....I would be interested in looking at their catalogue so I will check them out.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DancingPriest

Post by DancingPriest »

It's not the same at all at all but I've been using Netflix streaming for the last 3 months.
It's possible if you engage the services of a proxy provider (You need to spoof your location to get access)
The quality is far from high def and the selection is rather limited, but many good gems nonetheless.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

I used it for a while when I worked in the city centre and with the speed of post there it worked fine; as you say it has a great arthouse selection...

however once I moved back to D4, it meant I wasn't getting the dvd in the 10am post so it was taking an extra day at least, at which point I said bugger that and signed up for sky movies.....

so I'd say it depends on how strict you'll be with yourself to watch it when it lands and have it back in the post the next morning
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
billbarrett

Post by billbarrett »

I used one of these a number of years ago but found the post to be a bit slow and I was also a bit slow in watching so I never really made use of it but no doubt fran you are very organised and this will not be a problem to you
Manc Pat

Post by Manc Pat »

I download my films from Cinemawon.
It is legal site and quite cheap. The films are really up to date, and good quality.