What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

Great stuff lads :-))))))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Image Image

Thanks to a very generous tip off I was able to pick these up in Freebird this evening. Rereleased on vinyl only recently according to Phil in Freebird. Previously these albums were very difficult to get on vinyl and often went for 100 quid a pop.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image Image

Thanks to a very generous tip off I was able to pick these up in Freebird this evening. Rereleased on vinyl only recently according to Phil in Freebird. Previously these albums were very difficult to get on vinyl and often went for 100 quid a pop.
What'd I say :-)))) Great stuff Dave....at least you listen :-) Enjoy.... BTW how much were they each?
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:......how much were they each?
19.99, 20.99 and 19.99
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

These little vinyl beauties were blown in the letterbox this morning :)

Jim O'Rourke - The Visitor

Deaf Center - Owl Splinters
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Image Image
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image Image

You got them!?!?! I can't believe it....I'll have to keep my big mouth shut from now on :-) I'll say one thing for you Dave, you're a fast mover! Anyway I'm confident you most definitely will not be disappointed :) Wait 'til you hear the bass strings on Fahey's Transcendental Waterfall and the amazing capture of Nick's voice on Mayfair (about his mother) - trite enough song, I know, but wonderful despite that little, tiny niggling doubt :-) and then there's the chilling Black Eyed Dog. At that stage Nick couldn't even communicate never mind play and sing at the same time.....
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Cheers Dermot. I had been pondering over what new Drake album to get since I already have 3 studio releases. I've had 'Family Tree' in my hands several times in the shops but always left it behind. After you mentioned the above, I thought I ought to strike quick as Family Tree shows up quite often in stock so I'll leave that one for another time.
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Cheers Dermot. I had been pondering over what new Drake album to get since I already have 3 studio releases. I've had 'Family Tree' in my hands several times in the shops but always left it behind. After you mentioned the above, I thought I ought to strike quick as Family Tree shows up quite often in stock so I'll leave that one for another time.
It's an absolute pleasure recommending music to someone who listens with an open mind, ready to embrace a whole world of untapped/unknown gems :-) Thank you for listening.....
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Gwyneth Herbert.
Lovely music. Great Singer. Great recordings - a new test CD ?
If you have All the Ghosts then this would be entertaining. Neat remixes in various styles.
Jazzy. Ditty. Anthemic. Trip Hoppy dubbing. All these come to mind.
Attachments
1291842624_51h4ese1zml._ss500_.jpg
1291842624_51h4ese1zml._ss500_.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 386 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford