What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Speaking personally, if I were to lose my job, I also lose my home as well and would find it very difficult to find both at short notice in the economic downturm we are facing, so I'm afraid I've not really been in the right frame of mind to post much recently... sorry... :-((

Jared
Tough times indeed Jared....all that you can do mate is the best you can....make every effort to make things positive from your own point of view and if the whole thing takes a nose dive then at least you will have done your best! Keep in touch regarding this matter....by PM if you prefer to be discreet. I wish you the very best in the coming weeks and be assured that I will be thinking of your plight.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Schumann –Symphony No. 2....

The first movement was a positive, up-beat affair which flowed along with ease. The second movement was, by way of contrast, almost giddy. The slow movement was beautiful, expressive and gentle. The final movement was a bolder and more energetic offering.

That was followed by....Castelnuovo-Tedesco – Guitar Concerto No. 1 played by J Williams, the English Chamber Orchestra/Groves:

This is a wonderful work....especially the beautiful slow movement.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Rather good indeed. :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Tough times indeed Jared....all that you can do mate is the best you can....make every effort to make things positive from your own point of view and if the whole thing takes a nose dive then at least you will have done your best! Keep in touch regarding this matter....by PM if you prefer to be discreet. I wish you the very best in the coming weeks and be assured that I will be thinking of your plight.
thank you Fergus... that's greatly appreciated. I thought last year was bad... this one well turn out to be worse... now, where did I put that lottery ticket? :-//
Jared

Post by Jared »

DaveF wrote:Image

I've seen that one around on a couple of occasions Dave, but for silly money... I have it in the back of my mind for them future, though... ;-))

meanwhile however, back to a bit more Rimsky... you could say, its a bit of 'revision' from my collection...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Jared wrote:

I've seen that one around on a couple of occasions Dave, but for silly money... I have it in the back of my mind for them future, though... ;-))
Its well worth the purchase Jared. Different from Handel's 'water music' though. I sent you a PM also.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
Jared wrote:

Its well worth the purchase Jared. Different from Handel's 'water music' though....
Indeed, I have had my eye on that one for a while too.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote: I thought last year was bad... this one well turn out to be worse... now, where did I put that lottery ticket? :-//
Keep the chin up mate!!
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Jared wrote: I thought last year was bad... this one well turn out to be worse... now, where did I put that lottery ticket? :-//
Keep the chin up mate!!
I have been doing... courtesy of Rimsky's Suites from 'Christmas Eve' and 'The Snow Maiden'... :-))
fergus

Post by fergus »

Beethoven – Symphonies Nos. 7 & 8 (Wand)...

No. 7 was a powerful, assertive performance which grabbed my attention; great drive and force are behind this wonderful music....an exhilarating performance.
No. 8 is chirpy and cheerful....as it should be and once again the playing is really good.