Post by Jared »

Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade
Borodin: Symphony No 2
Kondrashin/ Concertgebouw
Philips
fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Light at the end of the tunnel Jared....getting some listening in again!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Vivaldi – Dresden Concerti Vol. 1:

Of particular note is the Concerto in A major, RV341 with its beautiful Largo movement containing shimmering strings
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade
Philips
That's a great CD.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Light at the end of the tunnel Jared....getting some listening in again!!!
it feels a bit that way Fergus... ;-))

Fergus & Sean... I shall say this in here, because it is a quiet little forum which won't attract any mainstream attention... but the organisation I work for is in financial difficulties at present, with cash flow problems owing to poor winter trading, increasing overheads and a bank which has just hit us for a very large amount for missing an overdraft payment. This has meant a great deal of upheaval at all levels including mine... no jobs are safe, and there is the increasing probablility that a sizeable proportion of our building stock could be sold off as a consequence, with many redundancies... several emergency meetings are penned in between now and when the board next meet at the beginning of April, so times are rather uncertain... I have the CEO visiting me here on March 5th, and I have to represent our branch of the Union at an Emergency meeting on the 9th.

Speaking personally, if I were to lose my job, I also lose my home as well and would find it very difficult to find both at short notice in the economic downturm we are facing, so I'm afraid I've not really been in the right frame of mind to post much recently... sorry... :-((

Jared
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote:
Jared wrote:Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade
Philips
That's a great CD.
yes Sean, it is... :-))
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
fergus wrote:Light at the end of the tunnel Jared....getting some listening in again!!!
it feels a bit that way Fergus... ;-))

Fergus & Sean... I shall say this in here, because it is a quiet little forum which won't attract any mainstream attention... but the organisation I work for is in financial difficulties at present, with cash flow problems owing to poor winter trading, increasing overheads and a bank which has just hit us for a very large amount for missing an overdraft payment. This has meant a great deal of upheaval at all levels including mine... no jobs are safe, and there is the increasing probablility that a sizeable proportion of our building stock could be sold off as a consequence, with many redundancies... several emergency meetings are penned in between now and when the board next meet at the beginning of April, so times are rather uncertain... I have the CEO visiting me here on March 5th, and I have to represent our branch of the Union at an Emergency meeting on the 9th.

Speaking personally, if I were to lose my job, I also lose my home as well and would find it very difficult to find both at short notice in the economic downturm we are facing, so I'm afraid I've not really been in the right frame of mind to post much recently... sorry... :-((

Jared
Hi Jared,
I've sent you a PM.
Seán
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote: Hi Jared,
I've sent you a PM.
Seán
thank you Sean... greatly appreciated... ;-))

Jared

Post by Jared »

Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ well, that was a successful post, wasn't it? LOL

oh well, its the John Eliot Gardiner version, in case you didn't know.. ;-))