Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by tweber »

Thanks for the heads up Dermot. Working on my laptop but not on phone.
Try the link, worth it, I swear :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFs3XUqJvNg
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:Thanks for the heads up Dermot. Working on my laptop but not on phone.
Try the link, worth it, I swear :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFs3XUqJvNg

No bother Shane....it's amazing how she's morphed into Lyle the man ;)))))
markof

Post by markof »

WOW!!!
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

Steven R Smith vinyl edition of "Little Skete". According to the sleeve notes he uses a Jazzmaster guitar with overdrive pedals and a Princeton reverb amp.

Think "Deadman" OST without the dialogue and you're half way there.....Stunning.

Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

The Deslondes 2015 debut album, contemporaries of Hurray for the Riff-Raff (indeed a couple of the deslondes used to be members) Similar soulful country-roots 'n' swampy honky-tonk from New Orleans. Theres definitely something in water down there, lovely stuff.
Attachments
41zBYH3exkL._SS280.jpg
41zBYH3exkL._SS280.jpg (10.19 KiB) Viewed 644 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Bannjo wrote:The Deslondes 2015 debut album, contemporaries of Hurray for the Riff-Raff (indeed a couple of the deslondes used to be members) Similar soulful country-roots 'n' swampy honky-tonk from New Orleans. Theres definitely something in water down there, lovely stuff.
Love Small Town Heroes but wasn't sure about The Deslondes. Only heard one track but will check it out
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Never get tired of Jason Isbell... in fact it just gets better and better... all 180gm vinyl one after the other...

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Ivor wrote:Never get tired of Jason Isbell... in fact it just gets better and better... all 180gm vinyl one after the other...

+1 they are two excellent albums
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I'll just leave this here.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Still prefer Freddie's version
https://youtu.be/SLlxpZyCTfY
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.