Musical Night of the year! SERIOUSLY HIGH END KIT

kronosav

Musical Night of the year! SERIOUSLY HIGH END KIT

Post by kronosav »

First of all sorry for starting a new thread but it wouldn't allow us to post a reply or edit our original thread.

We have just got confirmation of our kit list for next week's musical night and there is some seriously high end kit that's never before been seen in Ireland.

Of course there will be sensibly priced kit as well on show and to listen to but who can turn listening to £50k CD players, £20k power amps & £30k speakers?

If you want to attend this event either on Tues 7th or Wed 8th please pre book on our website. This is not one to be missed. Most of this kit is rarely seen at UK mainland shows never mind at dealer musical evenings so it's definitely worth the journey up (or down, depending were you are)

Ivor

Re: Musical Night of the year! SERIOUSLY HIGH END KIT

Post by Ivor »

I have to admit I'm tempted. Anyone else considering a jaunt?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
kronosav

Post by kronosav »

Appreciate it's a long drive for everyone BUT it's really a one off to hear some of this stuff.

As always there will be plenty of other enthusiasts there to chat to (and invite to www.tirnahifi.org) as well as the great guys from Kog Audio!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes, very tempted indeed. I missed the last one too..... Let me check with the boss....
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Booked in for Tuesday night!

Fran
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Booked in for Tuesday night!

Fran
How did it go?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I'll type up something more detailed again but we had a great geeky night. We tried not to drool on gear we never thought we'd be in the same room as and heard two systems that were just fantastic. the welcome from David and Gary was as warm and sincere as ever and the other attendees are remarkably like out own bunch of tame geeks, very friendly and utterly accepting.

That said neither of us felt we needed to swap any of our existing system for something new and shiney... which is nice.

More anon, Fran took pics as well.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thanks for that Ivor....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yeah, we had a great evening. There was some great gear on show and playing, DCS and VTL amps and huge Focal speakers in the bigger area and a smaller system with Densen electronics in a smaller room.

The welcome was warm and friendly, and the atmosphere good. The shop is good sized - and there was some lovely secondhand gear for sale among the new. And at reasonable prices too..... one thing that caught my eye was a nice audio innovations series 200 in really good condition given the age, but when I peeped inside you could see the upgraded parts. That would be nice buy for somebody.

Apologies for the quality of the pics, really they're crap! I took them with the camera phone and they don't do the gear justice.

Fran
Attachments
IMAG0051.jpg
IMAG0051.jpg (141.94 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0050.jpg
IMAG0050.jpg (127.22 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0049.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0048.jpg
IMAG0048.jpg (149.42 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0047.jpg
IMAG0047.jpg (198.49 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0046.jpg
IMAG0046.jpg (150.08 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0045.jpg (195.24 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0044.jpg
IMAG0044.jpg (158.81 KiB) Viewed 793 times
IMAG0043.jpg
IMAG0043.jpg (151.71 KiB) Viewed 793 times
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

What was your impression of the VTL gear in comparison to say the Airtight or Jadis amps?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP