Do people have previous Forum members contact details?

Seán

Do people have previous Forum members contact details?

Post by Seán »

I am wondering if any of the Moderators, the Site Admin Man, or even ordinary members here have access to the contact details of some of the members from the last version of the Cloney Forum? If so I wonder would they mind sending a message to the likes of rats & mcq, both of whom were well informed and enthusiastic members of the last forum and alert them to the existence of this site?

Given the cryptic name of this site people will not easily stumble on it even if actively searching for us.

Just a thought, thanks!

Any thoughts? Good, bad or indifferent?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Do people have previous Forum members contact details?

Post by Fran »

Unfortunately I don't..... I had some pms from rats, but never got a number or email etc. Don't think I had anything from mcq...

When I set up the forum, I searched through my emails and emailed everyone that I had the vaguest connection with from the old forum, but to no avail. I've asked Derek and Ivor too, and they did the same....

So, heres a call, to echo Sean's one - if you have any details of any of the old members, or indeed know anyone who may be interested, do refer them on to us.

Now that we have been up and running for a few weeks, and the site is stable, I intend going advertising our presence on some of the other fora. One of the old members (pa79ul) contacted me through pinkfishmedia, and I replied to his PM and told him about here, but never heard anything back...

Others missing in action: dancing priest, fred1996, spook, francie campbell, bpurcell, Chun, Justin, Nigel, and I can't remember his name right now, but the Danish fella lived not far from Cloneys, just moved house last year, had those big planar speakers and more I can't think of right now....

So put the word out if you have the contacts!!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Fran wrote:I can't remember his name right now, but the Danish fella lived not far from Cloneys, just moved house last year, had those big planar speakers
That'd be Claus.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I pretty sure dancing priest is on boards.ie. I'm still waiting for my account to be reactivated over there after they suffered a major hack recently.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes it would! Couldn't remember his name when i was posting!
Ttcomet is on boards photo section I think....

Fran
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Good evening chaps,

What a nice cool evening it is too.

Sorry I do not have any contact details of the other members. The only reason I am here is courtesy of Fergus, he had my details after I bought some CD's off him.

I know the banter on here is a bit slow, however I am sure if we give it more time the membership will increase and we will get back to the usual frequency of banter again.

Just have to be patient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Adrian
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes, I know it can be quiet here, but give it a little time and it will get busier. The clones forum was like that too at the start.... everyone start posting more and.... recruit a friend!

Fran
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:Yes, I know it can be quiet here, but give it a little time and it will get busier. The clones forum was like that too at the start.... everyone start posting more and.... recruit a friend!

Fran
I already have done so, young Jared joined today.

Fran, I am wondering if we might ask Noel to set up a link from the Cloney Audio HiFi Forum tab to this site and as a quid pro quo you could set up a permanent link to Cloney's main site and/or their Pre-owned web page.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Unfortunately, the only email contact that I had was that of Adrian and he has arrived here, thankfully....I have no more, unfortunately.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

I have Claus's email address and I think I have Brendan's email address aswell, I will send off some emails.

Regards.

Andy