Meridian Equipment for sale - CD players/DAC/Amps/other

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Mark

Meridian Equipment for sale - CD players/DAC/Amps/other

Post by Mark »

Hi folks,

My father, the man who gave me my love for all things HIFI, unfortunately passed away last year. He was a bit of a HIFI hoarder, with a real love for Meridian and I present the bulk of it here for sale before listing it on some of the international sites.
I've put guide prices beside each of the items but open to fair genuine offers also.
Any questions - please respond here or PM me. I'm happy to share my views and opinions having experienced all of this stuff at one stage!

CD Players
1. Meridian 800v4 reference CD/DVD player: Simply stunning CD player in excellent condition. I could only get the remote to work through Meridian comms but this could be a setting I haven't worked out yet. €1500

2. Meridian G98DH DVD-Audio/DVD/CD transport. Excellent condition. €600

4. Meridian 596 DVD/CD Player. Superb CD player, didn't read DVDs when I tested. Was compared to the 508 by the press at the time. €400

Pre/Power amps
I would prefer to sell the combinations together but will consider splitting
8. Meridian 101/105 Pre/Monoblock Combination. These are very special set of amplifiers having been completely refurbished ~5 years and upgraded using quality components by an expert in the UK. Apologies for no pictures, I can get some if interest is there. €900

10. Meridian 105 Monoblocks x2: These were bought as spares when the opportunity presented themselves. Were used in a second system for a few years and then packed away. Apologies for no pictures, I can get some if interest is there. €500 for the pair

Other
13. NOS DAC: I believe TDA1543 based but need to check, lovely organic sounding DAC. €120

14. Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro - €200

15. 2 x Meridian MSRs which can be negotiated with any of the sales of above.

16. Selection of cables to suit the Meridian DIN and normal RCAs etc.

I have a few other items, mainly DIY audio DACs and amplifiers which I may also add to this list if there is any interest!
Last edited by Mark on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark

Re: Meridian Equipment for sale - CD players/DAC/Amps/other

Post by Mark »

Update:
Arcam 6 - sold
Meridian 598 - sale agreed
Director DAC - sale agreed
Mark

Post by Mark »

Update:
Meridian 556 sold
Meridian 556 in need of repair sold

Ad updated.

Open to offers :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Meridian 501 sold
Meridian 506 20-bit sold
1 x Meridian MSR sold

Ad updated.

Potentially considering selling Meridian G02 (with MC)/G55 combo
Mark

Post by Mark »

Meridian 506 sold
Meridian 598 sold
Meridian Director sold
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

Are numbers 1 and 2 still for sale
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yes indeed, haven't been very pro-active in my sales recently!
RickyB75

Post by RickyB75 »

Hi,

Just checking, before I give it serious consideration, is the Meridian 800v4 still available?

Thanks,

Ricky.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Ricky,

Yes, I took a few months off from sales due to life getting in the way. It is hooked up and in use as my main CD player. Let me know if you're interested!

Mark