Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Post by jkeny »

BTW, I just got this email from the Flashair Developers announcing new Firmware - just shows that there is ongoing Flashair development

https://flashair-developers.com/en/docu ... 00000015-1

I see one of the new features in Lua scripting is the WATCHDOG function - this might be a way to implement what Fran was talking about in Tony's - the ability of the Flashair to activate some functions locally, based on some event happening i.e. some more control logic available in Flashair LUA scripting which allows more control happening at the local SD card level rather than all control being required to be sent as WiFi command codes from the program running on PC or phone

Edit: Sorry, mixed up watchdog with "event interrupt" function - this function doesn't appear to be available on Flashair so useful local logic control is not therefore easy/possible
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

For the mapping are you just using a continuity test to find destinations from each of the legs of the chip or is there some other way of doing this mapping?
Not being well clued up on how to work with heavily populated boards I am reluctant to volunteer unless i have an idea what to do, I know in the past doing continuity checks on dense boards you could have multiple destinations using the continuity meter!!

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 pm For the mapping are you just using a continuity test to find destinations from each of the legs of the chip or is there some other way of doing this mapping?
Not being well clued up on how to work with heavily populated boards I am reluctant to volunteer unless i have an idea what to do, I know in the past doing continuity checks on dense boards you could have multiple destinations using the continuity meter!!
Yea, just a continuity test - most of the tracing is visual but confirmed by using a multimeter set at continuity & 'buzzing' out - in other words one probe on the pin & other probe on its final connection point should give an audible buzz - see here http://en-us.fluke.com/training/trainin ... meter.html

Of course there are some traces that are under the chip so it's often difficult to guess what might be connected to a pin (if anything) based on visual examination - then it's just some guesswork about pin functionality & 'buzz' testing. For instance, I'm not sure what method is used to read SD card 1-bit or 4-bit mode so either 1 STM pin connected to SD pin or 4 different STM pins connected to SD data pins. A bit of research into what pins (SD card & STM) are used in both modes helps to focus in on what pins to check & 'buzz out'.

Also if you suspect a point is connected to one of the STM pins, you can put one probe on that point & run your other probe along all the STM pins - if you hear a buzz then focus in & find exactly which pin is the connected one.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Thanks John, will get a bit of work done on this at the weekend.

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm Thanks John, will get a bit of work done on this at the weekend.
Great stuff, Pearse
www.Ciunas.biz
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Sligolad wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm Been hunting the net again for SLC cards and the best price I could find was here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Integral-End ... 0939143730

Going to try them and see if they are the real deal or not as it does seem cheap for 16Gb SLC.
Finally received 2 of these card in the post this evening and after a short test they sound as good if not better than the much more expensive Panasonic SD I had at Tony's. Early days but first impressions are good.

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:55 pm
Sligolad wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm Been hunting the net again for SLC cards and the best price I could find was here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Integral-End ... 0939143730

Going to try them and see if they are the real deal or not as it does seem cheap for 16Gb SLC.
Finally received 2 of these card in the post this evening and after a short test they sound as good if not better than the much more expensive Panasonic SD I had at Tony's. Early days but first impressions are good.
Great stuff, Pearse - so it was a Panasonic SLC SD card we listened to in Tony's?
www.Ciunas.biz
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Post by nige2000 »

Ordered one of those eBay ones
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I see there's a stm32f767 development board

http://ie.farnell.com/stmicroelectronic ... 7-00001003

Is there any point trying coding ourselves?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's