FS: Kubala Sosna Fascination cables

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Diapason

FS: Kubala Sosna Fascination cables

Post by Diapason »

Are you struggling to find the perfect last-minute Christmas present for a loved one? Are you sick of buying jewellery, perfume or clothes for your other half? Do you want to see the eyes of your nearest and dearest light up like the Griswold's house on Christmas morning? This year, why not give the gift of a CABLE UPGRADE! It truly is the gift that keeps on giving...

As the man cave is no longer the man cave, I'm selling a full loom of Kubala-Sosna Fascination cables (interconnect, power cord, speaker cables) and an 8 foot pair of Synergistic Research Element CTS speaker cables.

The K-S cables replaced Nordost Heimdall back when I was looking for something that could combine a detailed sound with a little more meat on the bone. If you find your cables sound a little lean, these might be worth a try. They're not warm, per se, but they have body.

The Synergistic Research Element CTS cables are easily the best I've ever tried, and whatever my initial misgivings about the foo aspect of their design, they were and are the most open, lifelike and natural-sounding speaker cables I've owned. There was a great review in The Absolute Sound that I can't find now, but here's a similarly glowing review in Positive Feedback: https://positive-feedback.com/Issue70/s ... ic_cts.htm
These were very expensive cables to buy new (>€7k), but I've priced them to reflect the fact that they've been reterminated by the boys in Cloney Audio, and I only have the grey Enigma Tuning Bullets, not the silver or black.

Kubala Sosna Fascination Interconnect, 1m, RCA. Excellent condition, still have packaging. Now sold.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3kE9bkK5uDNCAmv23

Kubala Sosna Fascination Speaker Cables, 3m, Spades, Excellent condition, still have packaging. Now sold.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oUgB6XRRueKgaWw83

Kubala Sosna Fascination Power Cord, 2m (actually a bit more I think), outer liner frayed at one end, have packaging. Asking €SOLD
https://photos.app.goo.gl/75e1QvI4m3BIgi4y2

**Now Sold** Synergistic Research Element CTS speaker cables, 8 feet, spades, grey tuning bullets, no packaging. Now sold.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/abPdGGibycd7cWzH2
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Re: FS: Kubala Sosna Fascination, Synergistic Research Element CTS cables

Post by tony »

Is this the best wording for an ad ever? Lars eat your heart out Simon has the gift of the gab! If these hang around will have to snag a loan in the new year to see if they sound as well as the poet has beautifully outlined!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

LOL, thank you Tony. Obviously I could never compete with Lars, I just can't carry off the accent.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

If I hadn't bought her cables last year I'd pm you.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Synergistic Research cables are now sold.

Kubala-Sosna cables are still available.
Diapason

Re: FS: Kubala Sosna Fascination cables

Post by Diapason »

Bumping this, the Kubala Sosna cables are still available:

Kubala Sosna Fascination Interconnect, 1m, RCA. Excellent condition, still have packaging. Asking €SOLD.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3kE9bkK5uDNCAmv23

Kubala Sosna Fascination Speaker Cables, 3m, Spades, Excellent condition, still have packaging. Asking €SOLD.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oUgB6XRRueKgaWw83

Kubala Sosna Fascination Power Cord, 2m (actually a bit more I think), outer liner frayed at one end, have packaging. Asking €SOLD
https://photos.app.goo.gl/75e1QvI4m3BIgi4y2
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

One last bump before I list these elsewhere.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I've knocked a bit off the prices on audio-markt, so I've edited the first post. Apparently these aren't as well-known in Europe as they were in the US...
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I still have these, not a nibble on audio-markt so if anyone wants to make me an offer go right ahead. They're just sitting at home doing nothing, which seems a shame. Although admittedly when I do that I'm happy enough...
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Hi
I could offer 280 for the Kubala Sosna Fascination Power Cord. I could send the money over by paypal , I'll pay the fees.
Regards
Tony
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord