tweber

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:
Hope you're heading to the NCH tonight Dermot
Rob

Post by Rob »

cybot wrote:Two of KC's weirdest offerings?

I had absolutely no chance of even getting to the end of Side One of 'Lizard' back in those hazy days. Hated it with a vengeance. Roll forward almost 40 years and only now it is starting to make sense lol!

'Islands' is only a recent buy. Completely bypassed me. Wonder why :) Another weird unsettling listen and all the better for it. Definitely Mel Collins finest moment methinks.....

Just goes to show how progressive the groups were back then......and they were to be found in the Pop section lol!!!

Unfortunately I haven’t heard Islands but thought Lizard was a surprisingly good fusion of jazz – particularly the title track. I thought it was a little more ambituous and experimental than In The Wake of Poseidon but IMHO fewer of its tracks standout. Yup definitely file under “weird”! lol Impressive to think they recorded their debut, In The Wake and Lizard in just over a year! Such prolific creativity that’s hard to imagine anyone in rock having these days.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Having a CCR evening

Keep on chooglin'

SJB
cybot

Post by cybot »

Sloop John B wrote:Having a CCR evening

Keep on chooglin'

SJB

My first band proper :) Hard to believe they made 7 albums in such a short time! Three albums in '69 alone!!!! But then the albums were short :)
markof

Post by markof »

Terrific album from 1980 - really takes me back.
Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I took a chance on this one.... and it paid off....a bit of Rammstein in this one...

Envy ..... Atheist's Cornea...

From Bandcamp...

Despite its relative brevity (at 43 minuntes it is Envy's shortest album since their early 90s thrash days), Atheist's Cornea is easily the band's most progressive work. Beginning with a punishing pummel, holes of light are gradually punched open to reveal an uncanny series of dynamic, emotionally charged epics. Not only does Atheistʼs Cornea showcase some wholly unexpected new turns for Envy, it also often reaches transcendent heights that could overwhelm a major blockbuster film — all while vocalist Tetsuya Fukagawa sings, screams, and speaks like his life depended on it. Atheist's Cornea is the purest, most distilled example of Envy's brand of brilliance. It is also their bravest album, taking new risks with a much welcomed, broader vocal palette and an instrumental experimentation that navigates blistering shifts from impenetrable noise to poetic, pin-drop introspection with astounding grace. Envy have finally mastered the art of being effective and efficient without sacrificing an ounce of either – a truly inspired evolution from a band whose mastery of both remains unparalleled.

https://envy.bandcamp.com/album/atheist-s-cornea
Let the Good Times Roll...................
tweber

Post by tweber »

Surfer Rosa by The Pixies: Image
Sounding even better than I remembered, depressingly, released in 1988!!
tweber

Post by tweber »

Probably appropriate for the weather we're having currently but more so RIP Allen.
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Comfortably satisfying Sunday afternoon boogie
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford