I'll post pictures later...................

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Sloop John B

I'll post pictures later...................

Post by Sloop John B »

Why oh why do so many people put add up in the classifieds and say they will post pictures later?

Why not wait until the pictures are ready and then post the lot together.

I don't know why it bugs me so much, but bug me it does.

<now that's off my chest>

SJB
Diapason

Re: I'll post pictures later...................

Post by Diapason »

LOL, I feel the same way. That, and a link to adverts without explanation. Not that I'm often buying anyway, so it shouldn't really matter to me!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

+3 :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Yep, if you're serious about selling give as much info as possible. That way you might get a serious buyer.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Yep... it is a annoying trait of humans....

But most people are just too busy to attend to the full details, such is the hectic nature of life.

While failing to post pictures may be annoying, there are plenty of good sellers who do everything right and get messed around no end by immature potential buyers.... who have no intention of buying at all, just messing around for the sake of messing. I have seen sellers who it would appear have no intention of selling at all, they just ignore any questions asked. There are potential buyers, who on being presented with a genuine bargain, will still continue to haggle and haggle on price, as if they expect a complete turntable + arm + cart + phonostage for the price of a few pints and even then they will attempt to get the price down to the cost of one pint. Haggling over the price becomes the target, not the product.

Another annoying trait is people parking their car on the garage forecourt, at the petrol pump while they go inside shopping, making lattes, engaging in idle chit chat, choosing lotto numbers or reading 'de paper'. Meanwhile those who require fuel and are attempting to get from one end of the country to the other on a tight deadline queue outside wondering just what on earth is taking them so long?

There are certain service stations which I avoid now, and others which I know to be less busy, so I go there instead.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Maybe we need a rant forum? ;)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
JAW

Post by JAW »

Diapason wrote:Maybe we need a rant forum? ;)
Good idea. we could call it Moan of the Month. I never haggle, the price is the price. If I buy it's because I'm happy to pay the asking price, if I'm selling I ask what I think is a fair price. I don't see why I should add on a few quid to the asking price to take it off again. I hate being asked "What's your best price?" The best price for me is the asking price, the best price for you is the most you can knock me down. I'm lucky that I've never been in a position where I've had to sell anything of value, so I always hold out for the asking price. I have a few friends who haggle all the time over prices, so maybe it's me. Maybe I'm missing a gene or two.....
Claus

Post by Claus »

Adrian,

That's me as payback! Guess how annoying it is, when you drive an electric car and you only have ONE pump sometimes within miles and everyone just use it as a parking space? So if you see a silver Leaf parked at a petrol pump, it's likely me in for de paper, latte and chat.

Also why does your cat always do its business in MY garden?

Love the rant thread!

Oh, and I agree with the crap for sale adverts: if you want to sell reply to questions and put up some pics. Especially if you are selling really expensive equipment!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
cybot

Post by cybot »

Rant forum :) Terrific idea!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote:
Diapason wrote:Maybe we need a rant forum? ;)
Good idea. we could call it Moan of the Month. I never haggle, the price is the price. If I buy it's because I'm happy to pay the asking price, if I'm selling I ask what I think is a fair price. I don't see why I should add on a few quid to the asking price to take it off again. I hate being asked "What's your best price?" The best price for me is the asking price, the best price for you is the most you can knock me down. I'm lucky that I've never been in a position where I've had to sell anything of value, so I always hold out for the asking price. I have a few friends who haggle all the time over prices, so maybe it's me. Maybe I'm missing a gene or two.....
I agree completely but the rest of the world seems to operate on the haggle principle so I will usually add on a haggle-margin on the asking price. If funds allow and I think it's a fair price I will accept an asking price but then I think am I payting over the odds? See "haggle-margin".
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable