Fanless Cooler

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: Fanless Cooler

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:my haswell cpu consumes less than 10w at 800mhz heat aint a big issue

the brass thing for anti-vibration is a sort of running joke
we've no idea why it works not to mention better than other materials
Probably there are other things also that we get with brass, but definitely I will not call "the brass thing for anti-vibration sort of running joke"!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

well maybe better described as a bit of banter between friends
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

I have to admit I thought it was some kind of good natured joke when I first saw it.

There certainly were some folks, seemingly, having fun with it.

sima, sorry I got you confused with another poster, sebna.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
sima66

Post by sima66 »

For the moment I believed that you are serious and NOBODY TALLKS ABOUT BRASS LIKE THAT!!! :)))
Brass is a heavenly material!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
tony

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:For the moment I believed that you are serious and NOBODY TALLKS ABOUT BRASS LIKE THAT!!! :)))
Nigel went all the way to Canada to check it out that is how serious he takes it!
And you go and blow up your PC so he can't check it out???
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

No, we got the chance to A-B with and without brass........Zuma died after!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
sima66 wrote:For the moment I believed that you are serious and NOBODY TALLKS ABOUT BRASS LIKE THAT!!! :)))
Nigel went all the way to Canada to check it out that is how serious he takes it!
And you go and blow up your PC so he can't check it out???
oh no doubt about it the anti vibration at adams definitely works and some other weird stuff that doesn't make much sense
we done some a-b testing no doubt in my mind its pretty clear cut
adam has a good set of ears, he knows his sound

unfortunately we tried to build some upgrades (in a very short time) while i was there
and it was a severe case of murphys law
we would have been better to sit and listen :(
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Would love to hear those stacked tricked out Quads. Maybe I should have made the trip, A PC upgrade would never have entered Adam's thoughts. It is typical that something unfortunate like that happened. We all know sure lost count of those days.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Tony, its never to late.....be my guest.
You'll see whem Master Nigel upgrade my new PC with Longines clocks and atomic power........I will just have to ad the brass! ;-)
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

sima,

Any man with stacked QUADs must be taken seriously.

mea culpa ...

I think when something weird makes something good happen you are on the right track.

Chunks of brass on the way ...
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers