JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by cvrle59 »

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with these batch files? Could we still manage things as we used to by web browser in settings, or these .bat's are must because you sized those options?
Were is this program coming from SQ12E0~1.EXE, there is nothing in bin that starts with SQ12. Do we need to download it from somewhere?
I am little confused here.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

cvrle59 wrote:I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with these batch files? Could we still manage things as we used to by web browser in settings, or these .bat's are must because you sized those options?
Were is this program coming from SQ12E0~1.EXE, there is nothing in bin that starts with SQ12. Do we need to download it from somewhere?
i think its to take lms out of the equation, for testing purpose's

but im confused too coz i cant get the bat file working either, need help
where is the exe file its pointing to?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

nige2000 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with these batch files? Could we still manage things as we used to by web browser in settings, or these .bat's are must because you sized those options?

I think I got now, I went back to older version, so I could see how my KS device is named like, but I still do not understand where that "look up" program is.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:

there was a problem in the batch file change to -b 1000:2000 or your own values -b 0:2000 doesn't work

it's just the way windows shortens the path

use C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin\squeezelite-win.exe instead

the batch file allows other things to be run eg lms could be run first then pause then run squeezelite

with the new versions you won't be able to use web setup to change the settings
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ok so everything works as normal except for local player settings which we can adjust in the bat file

have to read up on the available settings

at least there's progress was getting worried
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded v18 of squeezelite, optimised streaming code, improved memory allocation and copying, removed logging and fade/crossfade. left pause, skip in, but they could be removed as well for best sq. Also removing dsd sections where I think it'll make a difference, so dsd won't play.

sounds better for that, quite a bit more insight into the music.

after listening a bit more it is very good, hearing things I haven't heard before and my test tracks for bright digital music are transformed into masterpieces. this in MQn would sound even better ie unbelievably good.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

cvrle59 wrote: but im confused too coz i cant get the bat file working either, need help
I think I got now, I went back to older version, so I could see how my KS device is named like, but I still do not understand where that "look up" program is.[/quote]

here you can check the actual KS device name (options also):

Code: Select all

c:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin\localplayer.prefs
But I can't get through the batch file... I think it might be the LMS syntax issue because sometimes device name is quoted and sometimes not. I
I need to switch devices badly.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

here is mine that works

C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin\squeezelite-win.exe -o "SPDIF Out (Amanero Technologies Streaming) [Windows WDM-KS]" -a 10 -b 100000:2000000

the latest squeezelite doesn't seem to output anything for listing devices so rename an old version of squeezelite to squeezelite-list.exe

and use a batch file with

C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin\squeezelite-list.exe -l

in it, beware that <> brackets in the cmd window may be ()
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

Tried every possible combination - still nothing.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:Tried every possible combination - still nothing.
can you post what your bat file looks like ?

are you still not getting anything out of the -l option, squeezelite will have to be stopped before you run -l

if I was you I would switch on logging on a version that works and select output and debug, switch off squeezelite and look at the squeezebox log directory for squeezelite and you'll see an entry for squeezelite starting with the devce name, use that with quotes round it.